Heretic

UK Box Office Thread

According to this article - Terminator 2 was number one at the UK box office this tuesday.

Great news!

https://www.yahoo.com/news/terminator-2-judgement-day-tops-uk-box-office-3d-re-release-155322726.html

https://skynetsarmy.wordpress.com/2017/08/30/t2-in-3d-dominates-the-u-k-box-office-on-judgment-day/

Edited by Kramerica1975
  • Like 1

34 minutes ago, The Dark Alfred said:

DK has built a solid case for one of the best box office runs of the decade title. Leading the field on its 7th weekend. American Made close second,.so this could be another tight finish. The rest of the month look solid once It arrives.

So it could go either way this weekend, I dread to think how the new releases are faring. 

14 hours ago, MinaTakla said:

Per Deadline:

DM3 has reached $59.6m in the UK (£45.8m).

I think this means it crossed both Minions and DM2 in local currency. @Hereticis this correct?

Nope, Minions made £47.8m, and DM2 made £47.2m. DM3 will probably finish around the £47m mark too. 

In in other news, Dunkirk is almost past the $70m mark, at $69.7m. Around £53.8m, will pass £55m soon.

School holidays are also over now. 

• Like 1

American Made has made it 2 weeks at number 1, interesting that everything had small drops despite the fact it was pretty dire in terms of new releases, AM and Dunkirk had excellent drops and The Hitman's Bodyguard has had a decent run. The Emoji Movie really benefitted from a lack of kids film. 

https://www.screendaily.com/news/uk-box-office-american-made-holds-off-dunkirk-in-quiet-weekend/5121955.article

IT will kick start the Autumn and WB have done a great job with the marketing. Thinking £5m OW which would be great.

Edited by Jonwo

4 hours ago, Heretic said:

Nope, Minions made £47.8m, and DM2 made £47.2m. DM3 will probably finish around the £47m mark too. 

In in other news, Dunkirk is almost past the $70m mark, at $69.7m. Around £53.8m, will pass £55m soon.

School holidays are also over now. 

Will it pass TDKR in local currency?

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, SchumacherFTW said:

BFI IMAX has been hurriedly making room for IT this weekend. They reeeeally needed to do this earlier so they could take more bookings. 

I wonder if IMAX was a last minute thing, I suppose they could have played Dunkirk until Kingsman was released.

7 minutes ago, SchumacherFTW said:

I think it's been confirmed for a while, though it's a pain to find the screenings through Cineworld seeing as they aren't appearing on their app 

Inhumans must have done horrendous business for them to drop it for IT.

28 minutes ago, SchumacherFTW said:

I think smart money would have always been get IT in. 

I imagine the IMAX schedule for the next couple of months will be IT for two weeks, Kingsman for two weeks, Blade Runner 2049 for 2 weeks, maybe Geostorm for a week, Thor for three weeks, Justice League for four weeks and Star Wars in December

6 hours ago, The Dark Alfred said:

Dunkirk is fading but its historical run still has some gas left. It hit £54m today and going into the It weekend as the number 1 film. On its 47th day of running still the #1 film. Amazeballs.

Still haven't seen it. 

My local Cineworld is packed for IT on Friday.