Heretic

UK Box Office Thread

The weather is so bad today which will mean a very strong Wednesday for films. 

This is the thing i just dont get. should be other way around, good weather = more people in cinema, bad = less because they stay at home.

at least its like that with me. When rains i do not have desire to go out anywhere...

1 hour ago, Damianport1 said:

This is the thing i just dont get. should be other way around, good weather = more people in cinema, bad = less because they stay at home.

at least its like that with me. When rains i do not have desire to go out anywhere...

Not really. When the weather is good people want to be outside not stuck inside a dark cinema. During the summer especially when the weather is bad and people have to find something to do (especially to entertain children on school holidays) the cinema is a good option. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Heretic said:

Not really. When the weather is good people want to be outside not stuck inside a dark cinema. During the summer especially when the weather is bad and people have to find something to do (especially to entertain children on school holidays) the cinema is a good option. 

England is notorious for a lot of rainy weather. I don't blame people for taking advantage of the good weather and spend time outside. 

• Like 1

London has actually had a hot summer up until the middle of July, and since then it's been all down hill. Also, its 'rainy and cold' stereotype is a misconception. We have less rain than most major cities actually, just a lot more cloudy days and the rain is spread out evenly across the year instead a of a few months of continuous rain. You can be lucky and get a week where it's sunny every day with temps around 30. On the contrary you can get a week with temps around 20 with cloud and some rain. That's just how it is.

Scotland on the other hand... its winter all year there and rains basically every day. 

Edited by Heretic

16 minutes ago, The Dark Alfred said:

Most holdovers dropping 40-45% apart from Girls Trip that's rebounding after a poor start. 

DK Sat was £1.9m, weekend looking close to £5m. Impressive, most people would have taken this as an OW.

Emoji second, cume £2.6. Valerian tally £1.8.

Emoji didn't do too badly although I can't imagine it'll have legs 

Will be interesting if Dunkirk can manage 4 weeks at number 1. Atomic Blonde could challenge it 

12 minutes ago, The Dark Alfred said:

Nah. AB won't open better than Baby Driver. Maybe 5-day it can match DK. 3-day Annabelle might pose a bigger challenge.

I wouldn't be surprised if Atomic Blonde is number 1 with the five day opening but Dunkirk outgrosses it Fri-Sun. 

11 minutes ago, KeepItU25071906 said:

That's a big drop, especially after strong weekdays. What the fuck?

To be fair, it had an excellent drop last week so a harder drop was inevitable. Also weekends usually take a hit during the summer due to stronger weekdays. 

12 minutes ago, KeepItU25071906 said:

That's a big drop, especially after strong weekdays. What the fuck?

Urm, calm down. It's like a 42% drop after it's had an absolutely exceptional 2 weeks, not to mention its abnormally large weekdays.