RealLyre

Madame Web | February 14, 2024 | Sony Spider-Man Movie I SJ Clarkson to direct

On 2/15/2024 at 10:20 PM, dudalb said:

Studios do not spend money to just break even.

I just read in other threads that this movie is so badly done that they messed up the ADR and actors dislogue does not match their lips. In an age when ADR is used in most movies ( if it is done on location or on a exterior there is a very good chance it is ADRd)

for that to happen is, well there is no freaking excuse. Pure incompetence.

It’s probably from the actor’s strike. The marvels had some questionable ADR too where you couldn’t hear what they were saying clearly.

Edited by eddyxx
  • Like 1

11 hours ago, Jay Beezy said:

Unless you’re someone like Anthony D’Alessandro at Deadline, who thought the reason it was tracking poorly initially was due to a “wonky marketplace” or anti-female superhero sentiments and not because the movie itself failed to look appealing.

Deadline Anthony has sucked for for the last couple of years now. He wouldn't admit Flower Moon Killers flopped for months. He thought The Flash could do well because Ezra Miller had a large fan army that would watch the movie in secret.

• Haha 1

7 hours ago, AJG said:

Deadline Anthony has sucked for for the last couple of years now. He wouldn't admit Flower Moon Killers flopped for months. He thought The Flash could do well because Ezra Miller had a large fan army that would watch the movie in secret.

He was also the guy who posted the phony Black Adam profit statement for Dwayne Johnson.

Nevertheless, he has backed off those initial Madame Web stances and accepted that the movie failed to interest audiences and has received a poor reception. He also addressed the situation with the Morbius writers.

• Like 1

On 2/13/2024 at 2:01 PM, SpiderByte said:

There's very obviously a unitard underneath it. It's just skin colored, with a transparent layer on top.

Everyone keeps focusing on the front of the dress but I still saw her ass cheeks hanging out the back of it.:gold:

16 minutes ago, WittyUsername said:

I'll Defend Gods of Egypt but at least I understand the hatred. However, I really don't understand how 2017's Power Rangers got silently pushed into meme-movie status. I recall when the film was being praised as another Lionsgate success story. 

Power Rangers got a 58% critics score on RT, an A cinemascore and an opening weekend of $40M (On a 100 million dollar budget). Even the bad news on OW wasn't actually - a 66% recommend (so high 70s/low 80s % positive) posttrak score. 

Of course, the film had a pretty terrible 2.2x domestic legs (though somewhat better legs in european markets) and the film's IMDB score is terrible at 5.9 (and not full of 1/10 scores). The low overall gross meant even a clearly good 40M OW wasn't enough to make this film a franchise.

Edited by PlatnumRoyce
  • Like 1

I did not like this film. First off I don't blame the creatives involved. I'm sure SJ Clarkson wanted to make a good film but Sony doesn't care about films being good. The Marvels has tons of problems and isn't a good movie but it is light-years better than Madame Web. I don't think it is his fault because awful movie and ADR but because of all of those issues Tahar Rahim gives one of the worst performances that I've ever seen in a big budget film. Just dire. The script is beyond embarrassing and the direction mostly television movie level. Just baffling that Sony released the film in such poor condition.

• Like 2

17 hours ago, WittyUsername said:

I don’t get how this guy and Burk Sharpless keep getting work. They wrote so much garbage and yet they still keep getting hired to write films. I already knew Madame web was doomed when the first trailer came out and the fact these guys were the writers. 

Behind the scenes and interview stuff makes it very clear that Sydney Sweeney does not know there's a difference between the Sony spinoffs and the MCU outright and very much thinks she's in the main MCU.

Which I guess maybe they may show up in Secret Wars (they brought back Anson Mount after all) but yeaaaaah

2 hours ago, Justin said:

I don’t get how this guy and Burk Sharpless keep getting work. They wrote so much garbage and yet they still keep getting hired to write films. I already knew Madame web was doomed when the first trailer came out and the fact these guys were the writers. 

I believe the point of the tweet was that a lot goes on with major studio films that can’t entirely be blamed on the writers. In terms of why these guys “keep getting work,” I assume it’s because they’re good at following orders from the executives. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, SpiderByte said:

Behind the scenes and interview stuff makes it very clear that Sydney Sweeney does not know there's a difference between the Sony spinoffs and the MCU outright and very much thinks she's in the main MCU.

Which I guess maybe they may show up in Secret Wars (they brought back Anson Mount after all) but yeaaaaah

I bet she either doesn’t know or care enough to check, but I also bet she doesn’t really give a shit either way. 

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, Krissykins said:

I bet she either doesn’t know or care enough to check, but I also bet she doesn’t really give a shit either way. 

True but if I thought I was.just signed to a huge franchise and it turns out I was actually not I'd be bummed