RealLyre

Madame Web | February 14, 2024 | Sony Spider-Man Movie I SJ Clarkson to direct

8 hours ago, Maggie said:

Guys, the article is literally made up. They wouldn't leak to a british Daily Fail if there was any trouble. They'd leak to industry news sites.

I read (look at pictures and read the headlines) on Daily Fail and they always have articles about how someone feels after some news leaks. All these articles are made up by them. Leave Sony and Dakota alone

8ionrq.jpg

• Haha 1

15 hours ago, Krissykins said:

Yeh the source is whack. 

I imagine Sony are in a huff. But it’s not her fault, she can’t go out there lying to everyone. They’re lucky she agreed to promote it all. And they can’t say she didn’t make the effort. 

I assume the article is fake but I wouldn't exactly be surprised if Sony was angry about how she went on the tour.

Yeah, the film sucks balls, but she still signed a contract. It's not a good look for the film if its main lead is basically campaigning against it, and as far as studios are concerned it is a red flag if she feels she can't promote the film if it goes bad (because let's be real, as long as she keeps acting eventually she will end up starring in something that stinks, it happens; maybe not stink quite this bad, but still...). Especially since with Sony's track record and all...yeah, this couldn't exactly have been expected to be a great film, to put it mildly.

As far as I'm concerned? Don't give a fuck how she promotes (or doesn't promote) this stinker. But from a studio perspective, yeah, I get it. She's expected to do a job.

Edited by JustLurking

1 hour ago, JustLurking said:

I assume the article is fake but I wouldn't exactly be surprised if Sony was angry about how she went on the tour.

Yeah, the film sucks balls, but she still signed a contract. It's not a good look for the film if its main lead is basically campaigning against it, and as far as studios are concerned it is a red flag if she feels she can't promote the film if it goes bad (because let's be real, as long as she keeps acting eventually she will end up starring in something that stinks, it happens; maybe not stink quite this bad, but still...). Especially since with Sony's track record and all...yeah, this couldn't exactly have been expected to be a great film, to put it mildly.

As far as I'm concerned? Don't give a fuck how she promotes (or doesn't promote) this stinker. But from a studio perspective, yeah, I get it. She's expected to do a job.

She did the job. 

She didn’t actually come out against the film until after it opened. She said that she hadn’t seen it. 

Surely no one is expecting her to lie? 

She seemed confused about what she was making and unsure; She didn't outright come out against it, and even then it was pointed toward the studio, and I get they didn't like it. Even though she technically didn't trash it, we can read between the lines.

Personally it was more entertaining than MW probably is.

On 3/10/2024 at 9:35 AM, Blaze Heatnix said:

So, how long until we see Dakota writing something like this?

r/comicbooks - [Movies/TV] Josh Tranks deleted tweet regarding the Fantastic 4 movie

Won't matter in Dakota's case since the movie has opened and bombed.

What Killed Trank was his tweeting this  the day before the movie opened, sabotaging his own film.

After a film opens and it's fate is decided, you can say what you want, but you don' badmouth a film you are invovled in before it opens. That is stabbing the studio that finiance dyou, and the actors in the movie, in the back.

Edited by dudalb

17 minutes ago, AMCTheater2000 said:

In other words I did it for the paycheck.

My Favorite comment from an actor in a bad film was Michael Caine talking about Jaws:TGe Revinge.

"Jaws:The Revenge? Terrible Movie, a real POS...but the house it built for me is really beautiful".

'
Jaws 

• Like 2

On 3/10/2024 at 7:58 AM, Krissykins said:

She did the job. 

She didn’t actually come out against the film until after it opened. She said that she hadn’t seen it. 

Surely no one is expecting her to lie? 

And I note no one is making a fuss over Sweeney poking fun at the movie in her SNL monologue.

This is being blown out of proportion. As Krissy says, the rule is you do not bad mouth a movie before it  opens, but once it opens and it's fate  is determined you can say what you like. Where Josh Trank made his huge mistake was in bad mouthing is movie BEFORE it opened.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, BadOlCatSylvester said:

So the Tom Holland rumours might have some basis in reality. Do keep in mind that this art could've been made just for fun, much like that Deadpool in Shang-Chi piece, so take it with a grain of salt.

Where the fuck would he have fit into this plot that is set before he was born 

6 minutes ago, SpiderByte said:

I'm just as clueless as you are. Again, this was probably just made for fun by the artist, or perhaps Spidey here is a placeholder for one of the main girls, presumably from a more action-oriented version of the movie. But knowing Sony, I wouldn't put it past them at all to try and cram Spidey into this somehow.

8 minutes ago, SpiderByte said:

There were rumors way back that the plot of this film was going to be the spider women protecting baby Peter. Maybe at some point there was a version where Peter beats Ezekiel in the future instead of the spider women that at least got to the concept art stage.

• Thanks 1

12 minutes ago, SpiderByte said:

The Flash-forward sequence? The film's final act clearly was at some point set around killing Peter Parker and every villain line is ADRd. 

• Thanks 1

The idea that Sony was trying to set this in the MCU would be absolutely hilarious and not at all surprising. Sony has been making the MCU continuity more confusing than it needs to be with their constant attempts to piggyback off it. Even ATSV was guilty of this with that “Earth-199999” line. 

34 minutes ago, WittyUsername said:

The idea that Sony was trying to set this in the MCU would be absolutely hilarious and not at all surprising. Sony has been making the MCU continuity more confusing than it needs to be with their constant attempts to piggyback off it. Even ATSV was guilty of this with that “Earth-199999” line. 

Spider-Verse can do whatever it wants. MCU stole its whole shtick.