kayumanggi

DHD Friday (03.23) 68.25 M | THE HUNGER GAMES (Crow-serving on-going :))

Newbie here, work at one of the studios. Really impressed with everyone's knowledge of box office and I've been lurking in the THG threads for a while. I know it's a little off topic, but if THG does 150 - 160 with impressive quadrant splits, what do you think of its total run?

• Like 1

Newbie here, work at one of the studios. Really impressed with everyone's knowledge of box office and I've been lurking in the THG threads for a while. I know it's a little off topic, but if THG does 150 - 160 with impressive quadrant splits, what do you think of its total run?

IMO at least 350m. It's going to have better legs than Harry Potter/Twilight because it's not a sequel.

With a 155M OW, anything between 410-450 million

Its hards to say...You have to look at WOM...A great opening weekend does not mean great legs.In terms of performance, Spiderman 3 had not only one of the biggest openings ever but one of the most impressive. Spiderman 3 day business was greater then any film on Friday and Saturday.However the film collapsed off poor Wom afterwards.Based of such a large opening the film will fall hard but...However we still have to see how it performed over the weeked., also Wom seems great so far.

Welcome, firstly!Others will call me crazy, but that opening, with WoM and current market, $350m +

I would say at least 350M. It will be frontloaded so 400M may be out of reach.

150-160 is TDK territory. It is not going to get to 525 because a.) it is not a summer movie and b.) has a smaller universe of potential viewers but 400 million will be in play. It should get to 350+ from 150-160.

I do not see it going much past 350 million at this point...I think that with huge demand that it must level out...However if it holds well over the weekend, I will reconsider.

Edited by Lordmandeep

I've always a 2.5 multiplier is a given, so with that OW range, between $375m and $400m. Given the backloaded nature it's displayed on OD and evidently strong WOM, that's probably conservative. Edited by Biggestgeekever

375m from a 152m weekend seems reasonable, unlike DH2 or TDK this doesn't have crucially important summer weekdays to boost its multiplier. That's still as much as DH2 made and this doesn't have 3D. ABSOLUTE INSANITY