TMP

Ant-Man and the Wasp: Quantumania | February 17, 2023 | Competing with Eternals on RT, Competing with BvS on box office legs

On 10/24/2022 at 8:37 PM, eXtacy said:

Wow, didn't expect such an excellent trailer from Ant-Man. Looks much larger scale, so to speak, then previous entries.

No, it's tiny much much smaller like Quantum realm small... ;) WHICH is what I have been wanting to see since the first Ant-Man and I am finally getting it. just when I was throw with Marvel they had to throw me this trailer! 

2 hours ago, exomassey said:

Would be decent for an Ant Man film but maybe not for something setting up Marvels next big event.

Also want to see how critics respond to this one.

Agreed. Personally I'm not looking at this as a run of the mill Ant-Man film. It may not be an event, per se, but it's a critical landmark in the multiverse saga. Hopefully Marvel Studios sells it as such (unless it actually isn't a critical landmark, then I don't want any bait and switch BS).

Hoping for a $800M type deal. I think that's doable if they emphasize the scale of the plot and, of course, Kang.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, thajdikt said:

I feel like this reaching 600M would be like 1B for this movie. Especially without China and Russia. 

Honestly, I would hope so with Kang and the lead up to the next Avengers film being a big part of this film's plot and existence. It isn't just another Ant-Man movie.

But you wonder how aware of that people will be.

With good WoM I am fairly confident in an early prediction of $125M OW and just clearing $300M domestic total.

OS? Who the hell knows? A crazy quantum real adventure featuring the main saga villain might interest OS audiences way more than Black Panther: Wakanda Forever. 🤷‍♂️

• Astonished 1

11 hours ago, Verrows said:

With good WoM I am fairly confident in an early prediction of $125M OW and just clearing $300M domestic total.

OS? Who the hell knows? A crazy quantum real adventure featuring the main saga villain might interest OS audiences way more than Black Panther: Wakanda Forever. 🤷‍♂️

It was fun time when Boxofficepro was doing long-range forecasts 2-3 months before release dates, but now we can only know the box office range 1 month before release.

Edited by Factcheck
  • Thanks 1

It’s a tough one to predict. If it is well received I could see it leg it to just over 300m, like a Thor: Ragnarok situation.

However Ant Man and The Wasp came out between Infinity War and Endgame and only managed 220m.

We’ll see what happens. Hopefully Kang can build the hype.

37 minutes ago, poweranimals said:

That's true but it was more or less marketed as filler.

Exactly. It was sort of out of place besides the post credit scene. It's not like a yone knew Ant-Man's role in Endgame at the time. I remember a lot of comments to the effect of "This was fun but it feels so anti-climactic coming off Infinity War".

Marvel just has to get the marketing right. They really have to lean into the "BIG things are happening in this/the big bad of the saga has arrived" angle.

• Like 1