TMP

Ant-Man and the Wasp: Quantumania | February 17, 2023 | Competing with Eternals on RT, Competing with BvS on box office legs

1 minute ago, CaptainJackSparrow said:

So is the tone going to be like the last movie, or more serious?

Reed has a certain tone to these films and seems like family is a theme in the film. I do think that having Kang here raises the stakes significantly tho. The trailer gave me some ominous vibes.

• Astonished 1

2 hours ago, CaptainJackSparrow said:

So is the tone going to be like the last movie, or more serious?

The director has repeatedly gone out of his way to say that he's been content to make the small, low event MCU entries up to this point but that this one is going to break out from that and be a big, high stakes event (Relatively speaking of course. Obviously it won't be an event like Avengers is an event, but it will probably represent a major landmark in the Multiverse Saga and the MCU as a whole).

• Like 1
  • Astonished 1

3 hours ago, CaptainJackSparrow said:

Oh, I mean also in terms of how much humor will be in it? Like will there be witty remarks every minute like in No Way Home, or more like Dr. Strange 2 level? 

Oh, I gotcha.

Probably standard Marvel. I don't expect the "oh wow, shit's serious" tone of Wakanda Forever/Infinity War/Endgame.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, ChipDerby said:

So you're going to see this, and not The Flash? Interesting...

Do you really want me to list the kind of shit that Miller is involved? Because I could. Here or on the Flash thread, mister derby moderator? Comparing a creepy old man with an actor accused of serial sexual assault and pedophilia clearly aren’t at the same level.  There is a line. I don’t cross it. What others do is up to them.

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, ChipDerby said:

Whatever line you wanna draw! lol Just know, it's a curved one

I’m not sure what is bothering you so much that you are literally bringing subjects from a different thread over a single post I’ve made. Was I disrespectful or you are truly trying to both sides this? Because I call bullshit on that. What you are implying here is a blatant false equivalence.

This isn’t a flame wars thing my dude, this is about principle, my own personal standards that shouldn’t bother you or anyone else. And I really think that you should outgrow the flame wars thread type of shitposting, we are all older and hopefully wiser.

4 hours ago, ZattMurdock said:

I’m not sure what is bothering you so much that you are literally bringing subjects from a different thread over a single post I’ve made. Was I disrespectful or you are truly trying to both sides this? Because I call bullshit on that. What you are implying here is a blatant false equivalence.

This isn’t a flame wars thing my dude, this is about principle, my own personal standards that shouldn’t bother you or anyone else. And I really think that you should outgrow the flame wars thread type of shitposting, we are all older and hopefully wiser.

I'm just questioning your reasoning. Murray sexually assaulted Geena Davis and has a history of being inappropriate around women and abusing crew members.

Just found it a bit hypocritical that you draw a line on Ezra's allegations, but not Murray's.

• Thanks 1

23 minutes ago, ChipDerby said:

I'm just questioning your reasoning. Murray sexually assaulted Geena Davis and has a history of being inappropriate around women and abusing crew members.

Just found it a bit hypocritical that you draw a line on Ezra's allegations, but not Murray's.

Whoa. I didn't know that. 😬

13 hours ago, ZattMurdock said:

Do you really want me to list the kind of shit that Miller is involved? Because I could. Here or on the Flash thread, mister derby moderator? Comparing a creepy old man with an actor accused of serial sexual assault and pedophilia clearly aren’t at the same level.  There is a line. I don’t cross it. What others do is up to them.

I would draw the line here, too, and say to be fair, Miller hasn't been formally charged with any of those most serious accusations.  Murray, on the other hand, has basically owned up to his own behavior.  So I do find it interesting that Peyton Reed is even willing to comment on Murray's role, considering his current precarious status in the industry...

Edited by Macleod
  • Like 1

10 hours ago, Macleod said:

I would draw the line here, too, and say to be fair, Miller hasn't been formally charged with any of those most serious accusations.  Murray, on the other hand, has basically owned up to his own behavior.  So I do find it interesting that Peyton Reed is even willing to comment on Murray's role, considering his current precarious status in the industry...

I'm not sure many people are even aware of it though. Besides (and this is just my personal opinion) when I go see a movie, I don't want to be reminded of whatever skeletons the actors have in their closet. If I decided to boycott a movie based on what an actor/actress/director/or whatever has done in their personal life, then it would put a big limit on movies I could watch, The main purpose of which is for entertainment.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1