TMP

Ant-Man and the Wasp: Quantumania | February 17, 2023 | Competing with Eternals on RT, Competing with BvS on box office legs

19 minutes ago, Factcheck said:

ATWOW was released in December, the movie's success has nothing to do with MCU's seemingly growing fatigue. Saying ATWOW succeeded because of MCU fatigue is like saying The Force Awakens succeeded because of MCU fatigue. As far as Maverick is concerned, we won't get movies like Maverick each year, which click with republicans, and its success also had nothing to do with MCU's seemingly growing fatigue.

where did I talk about fatigue. I just said that there can be blockbusters beyond MCU and so it does not mean that MCU fails DCU succeeds. There can be a scenario that neither one is at their peak. 

That said I am not seeing any fatigue for now. Not with kind of presales we have had for last 5 movies. 

• Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, SpiderByte said:

Yeah we'll see next month when Angela Bassett wins Best Supporting Actress for a Marvel movie 

Tbh I can see Condon sneaking in a win.

Also wouldn’t Quantumania’s performance be a bigger factor than an Oscar win?

Edited by YM!

5 minutes ago, SpiderByte said:

Yeah we'll see next month when Angela Bassett wins Best Supporting Actress for a Marvel movie 

So after years of MCU fans disdain for awards saying the audience is what matters because they don´t nominee every billionaire movie, now the proof that MCU is in a great shape is an Oscar winning for the actress

The MCU is in in a tough position because the amount of projects is now 2 to 3x bigger than before and the consistency with the audience is extremelly messy, winning an Oscar won´t change that, having a better quality control is what will make MCU rebound to it´s previous power  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 3

4 minutes ago, marveldcfox said:

I fear for fantastic four. If that ends up meh under marvel studios then I will pray the marvel brand dies completely. Don't care what came before or how the first saga was great. 

FF is going to be heavily boosted by being the last film released before the next Avengers. Especially if Doctor Doom is there and they set him up as the main villan of Secret Wars.

What the hell is all this? The movie is ok I guess from reactions. We hoped it would be great but I guess its not (like most other Marvel movies). It will still make a lot of money (more than 89M OW) and the Marvel world will keep turning. Hopefully they make a few good movies along the way and DC does as well and more importantly some new blood like TGM and AV2 become megahits. 

I might even watch this 1 unlike MOM and Thor. Struggling with BP2 (had 3 goes and 40 min in so far).

• Like 3

22 minutes ago, keysersoze123 said:

where did I talk about fatigue. I just said that there can be blockbusters beyond MCU and so it does not mean that MCU fails DCU succeeds. There can be a scenario that neither one is at their peak. 

That said I am not seeing any fatigue for now. Not with kind of presales we have had for last 5 movies. 

Then what was the point of replying to my comment by giving examples of Maverick & ATWOW? We always have movies beyond SH movies. I said if MCU falls then DCU will rise as people won't stop watching superhero movies, are you trying to say that if MCU falls then other blockbusters like Maverick or ATWOW will rise?

2 hours ago, jking123 said:

so bets on rt score in the end? feels like I wouldn't be surprised if this is more negative considering even twitter reactions are subdued...

Whatever happens I hope GOTG 3 is a good one.

Probably late to this, but I'm gonna say Eternals - 47%.

5 minutes ago, Factcheck said:

Then what was the point of replying to my comment by giving examples of Maverick & ATWOW? We always have movies beyond SH movies. I said if MCU falls then DCU will rise as people won't stop watching superhero movies, are you trying to say that if MCU falls then other blockbusters like Maverick or ATWOW will rise?

Its perfectly possible to see times where neither franchises are close to their peak. Not that I am predicting that. 

I hope we go beyond franchises and that is not just SH. But that is unlikely :-)

23 minutes ago, Mojoguy said:

FF is going to be heavily boosted by being the last film released before the next Avengers. Especially if Doctor Doom is there and they set him up as the main villan of Secret Wars.

It wouldn’t make sense to suddenly have Doctor Doom be the villain of SW, when this entire saga is supposedly setting up Kang. Doom should be the villain of the next saga. 

4 minutes ago, Factcheck said:

Stop being so aggressive. Keyser explained his point and your still carrying on. Of course people wont STOP watching SH movies but that does not mean the interest cant be eroded and box office fall. It just wont go to 0. Interest will always be there but just not at the level it has been if quality keeps falling. There is some nuance in discussing things and not just black and white which Keyser was trying to say. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, marveldcfox said:

I saw ff2005 and ff2007. Did not see 2015 one. The first two were meh. The last one...well...

Yeah so there's literally no way the MCU version could be worse.

21 minutes ago, XXR You Ok Annie said:

The third Ant-Man movie is gonna make on par with the last Batman movie, but the MCU is in its death throes…

Gotta love the internet. 

Exactly right? If it doesnt get 90 percent it's now apparently terrible and audiences must hate it. A lot of it's just contrarianism. Black Panther lands on streaming and suddenly a bunch of people claim they hate it now 

4 minutes ago, TwoMisfits said:

B/c these reviews are supposed to be during the "glowing/movie can do no wrong" phase...and they don't glow...ala Eternals.  

So to be clear, if everyone says the same thing they say of every Marvel movie that's a sign it's bad, but if they don't that's also a sign it's bad. Okay.