TMP

Ant-Man and the Wasp: Quantumania | February 17, 2023 | Competing with Eternals on RT, Competing with BvS on box office legs

7 minutes ago, marveldcfox said:

Please let fan4 be good. Another rotten fan4 will not be tolerated. Kevin if you read BOT, I demand good fan4 movie. If you deliver a stinker, you don't know what is coming to marvel studios in 2025. Will ensure the empire falls.

it's me i'm kevin feige. i was actually planning to make that one fucking suck but you've given me much to think about here.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

8 minutes ago, marveldcfox said:

Please let fan4 be good. Another rotten fan4 will not be tolerated. Kevin if you read BOT, I demand good fan4 movie. If you deliver a stinker, you don't know what is coming to marvel studios in 2025. Will ensure the empire falls.

Kevin does not read BOT lmao

Marvel ain´t dying anytime soon but this is a worrying trend. The fanbase is huge and loyalty is still strong but the monster it was before might be done. 

https://ew.com/movies/kevin-feige-marvel-phase-5-exclusive-interview/

This interview with Feige is interesting:

"we want Marvel Studios and the MCU projects to really stand out and stand above. So, people will see that as we get further into Phase 5 and 6. The pace at which we're putting out the Disney+ shows will change so they can each get a chance to shine.

So when you say the pace will change, do you mean spacing them out or putting out fewer shows a year?

Both, I think."

Looks like that report of them slowing down is true. So that´s at least good. Also says the Kang tested the highest testing villain in their "friends and family"  test screenings.

2 minutes ago, Spidey Freak said:

It does highlight the fact that when it comes to the MCU, more critics reviewing/audiences watching does open the possibility of lower RTs and audience scores regardless of actual movie quality ranking.

Well, more critics reviewing also opens the possibility of higher RTs, due to RT's influx of geek bloggers and YouTubers being given equal weight as traditional critics.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, JustLurking said:

Thor2 and thor4 admits really are not that different.

Yeeahh, it's a small market called China. And another one called Russia. Thor 4 still trounced Thor 2 without them. Ya'll need to lay the 'MCU is dying' shit to rest. 

Now get back to me next year if Deadpool 3 bombs.

Edited by Spidey Freak
  • Like 1

22 minutes ago, titanic2187 said:

Disney has some big-screen worthy series such as Loki, which is very highly rated and well-received by fans, and probably set up MCU phase 5 better than any movies they put in theater right now. Instead, they let Loki to go on disney+ and disney+ still losing subscribers after all.    

d+ loosing subs was due to loosing the ipl rights in india ! those ppl were never gonna sub d+ cause of marvel or anything they were there for the cricket tournament 

1 minute ago, Spidey Freak said:

Yeeahh, it's a small market called China. And another one called Russia. Thor 4 still trounced Thor 2 without them. Ya'll need to lay the 'MCU is dying' shit to rest. 

Now get back to me next year if Deadpool 3 bombs.

??? I am talking about DOMESTIC. Why would OS gross be relevant to the conversation about rt reviews and DOM cinemascore.

15 minutes ago, Eric the Conqueror said:

It's saying 87% of critics liked it, not that the movie was an 8.7 out of 10. So every reviewer could have given this a 5-6 out of 10 and that is still considered positive.

I’m aware of how RT scores work …

Was referring more towards the direct comparison to first Ant-Man (AMW had higher MC score too) and MCU in general 

3 minutes ago, Spidey Freak said:

Umm you know that RT has international reviewers too, right? And you still on about DOM CS when L&T made near 140M more than TDW?

Ok, I simply do not understand if you are trolling me or what, so I'll leave this conversation be cause this is really going nowhere. But just FYI, RT does not go beyond DOM and latam reviews as far as I know.

Edited by JustLurking

I know "everyone has different tastes and all that", but where the heck did they find people willing to go on the record saying they loved a superhero movie that is going to end with rotten on RT and with 50 on mc