TMP

Ant-Man and the Wasp: Quantumania | February 17, 2023 | Competing with Eternals on RT, Competing with BvS on box office legs

4 hours ago, Legion in Boots said:

Everybody serious knows that phase 4 showed some weakness in reception and BO. Not the sky falling, just some cracks starting to show. Phase 5 will be very important to either set a recovery narrative or solidify post infinity saga decline, and this movie is the start of that (featuring the saga villain movie intro no less). It’s going to be pretty important and I’m genuinely unsure which way it’ll go so we’ll just have to find out in 5 weeks.

Exactly. This isn't complicated.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, keysersoze123 said:

Those are big words. I dont think we have had a non holiday MCU sequel come close to 3x. So what is your definition of extremely good legs? Even universally loved movie like winter soldier did not have 3x legs. 

Exceptional in the MCU/CBM realm. Winter Soldier, Capt Marvel and SC all made 2.1-2.2x their first week, so that seems like a good bar, like a $90/$125/~$270M finish 

• Like 2

I now realize why I have a problem with MODOK design. It’s not ugly enough. Mr. Electric is better over a robot face but like show me the wrinkles, tears, and warts on the face, make it look grotesque and less like Mr. Electric despite a 200M+ budget.

Edited by YM!

1 hour ago, keysersoze123 said:

That OW is impossible. NO way its grossing 35m Monday after 90m fri-sun :-). Most probably around 20m monday. 

That was the weekly total, not the 4-day 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Legion in Boots said:

Everybody serious knows that phase 4 showed some weakness in reception and BO. Not the sky falling, just some cracks starting to show. Phase 5 will be very important to either set a recovery narrative or solidify post infinity saga decline, and this movie is the start of that (featuring the saga villain movie intro no less). It’s going to be pretty important and I’m genuinely unsure which way it’ll go so we’ll just have to find out in 5 weeks.

Yeah Spider Man making nearly 2 billion, Strange doing much better than the first, a clear failure.

And all these new releases also don't have China, by the way.

Edited by SpiderByte
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Knock It Off 1

9 hours ago, Legion in Boots said:

You probably did not pay attention to Phase 4 because Kang was introduced on loki, and well introducesd, way more than Thanos on Avengers 1, so that is something marvel is already improving, the thing is the amount of content, that is too much for some people. Phase 4 had some of the best MCU content. Wandavision was top MCU, loki, BP2 was good, NWH too, Shang-Chi has some of the best MCU action, Eternals was not as bad as some people say.

Edited by StreamBO

4 hours ago, CaptNathanBrittles said:

Indeed. Remember TLJ trailer didn't show ANY of the rubbish comedy that was in the film and made it look quite epic.

The Last Jedi is the Best Star Wars Movie Objectively as of 2023. 

Edited by StreamBO
  • Haha 2
  • ...wtf 1