TMP

Joker: Folie a Deux | October 4, 2024 | Lady Gaga is Harley Quinn in this 200M+ musical sequel

3 minutes ago, TheFlatLannister said:

MTC1 data is really bad. I will have my Florida numbers tomorrow so I will give a prediction then. 

Why is this doing THIS bad? $850M WW would've been a "drop", this is looking like a complete free-fall like Alice 2/Aquaman 2. 

Edited by HummingLemon496

Regardless of how low or how high this goes, I think it would have done way better if it was released in 2022. Three years after the original there would be some momentum to hold on. I believe that was also a factor for how much Alice 2 and Aquaman 2 dropped. 

3 hours ago, Bob Train said:

If you count Deadpool it would be that because the expectation was $160-$170m after day 1 but it opened to $211m. I guess you could count NWH too in the same category.

There’s also Venom 2 which opened much higher than expected. 

NWH pretty much hit what it looked like after D1. DPW did clear by ~ 20% but I wouldn’t say that’s significant really.    

Maybe spiderverse, kind of forget what the start was for that though 

• Like 1

I am sympathetic to the argument that this isn’t really a normal CBM in terms of genre and may not play as frontloaded. With that said it’s a very bad start. Might revise after 24hr nums roll in but now thinking maybe 75/190/600 or so

Edited by Cooper Legion

Some of the doomposting going on reminds me of when people were predicting “Aladdin 2019 under Prince of Persia DOM/WW” a few years ago. We all know how that turned out.

Now granted, do I think this will do Aladdin numbers? No, I’m thinking 75/240 run right now. But I’m just waiting for people to start predicting something crazy like under Blue Beetle lol.

50 minutes ago, Cooper Legion said:

I am sympathetic to the argument that this isn’t really a normal CBM in terms of genre and may not play as frontloaded. With that said it’s a very bad start. Might revise after 24hr nums roll in but now thinking maybe 75/190/600 or so

I'm genuinely so confused. Why is this dropping so hard? This movie isn't even swamped up in the DCEU or anything.

And funny observation, this would place OW below DPW OD, DOM below DPW OW, and WW below DPW DOM

Edited by HummingLemon496

5 hours ago, lorddemaxus said:

I’m sorry but this guys won’t watch a movie because it has musical numbers thing is bullshit and based on nothing lol. Yeah, the presale suck atm but it’s not because it’s a musical

Lol. That's not true. Otherwise why would WB along with Todd, Gaga and co insist on this being not a musical? I know musicals can do well but not the same case here 

3 hours ago, Mojoguy said:

The first Joker also had a large incel fanbase and they could relate to Joker being a loser, alone, and had no woman except an imaginary woman.

In the sequel Joker is apparently a celebrity with Gaga as a girlfriend. They can't relate anymore and may not be as interested.

It's Jokeover for them 😂😂🤣