TMP

Joker: Folie a Deux | October 4, 2024 | Lady Gaga is Harley Quinn in this 200M+ musical sequel

1 hour ago, Firepower said:

It already had early reactions and they weren't heavily positive, more like very divisive. I feel this batch after a different premiere is more positive. It can go either way when it's actually released.

Problem is almost of all those reactions seem to come from the fanboy geeks...and they are not a reliable guide to what the overall reaction will be.

I suspect it is going to be a mixed reaction...and  as far as box office, that might not be enough to convince the skeptics.

3 hours ago, dudalb said:

Do I have to tell people to be cautious about the early reactions?

They are often misleading. Most of hte time they are heavily positive, but that get reversed later on.

No, we should be cautious only when Gladiator 2 or Alien Romulus involved, just ask firepower 😁

On 9/24/2024 at 12:37 PM, WittyUsername said:

I’m convinced more than ever that Phillips didn’t actually want to make this movie, just like Lana Wachowski didn’t want to make Matrix 4. 

Honestly, I respect tanking a franchise and pissing off fans to give your story the ending you want it to be. I doubt it'll be as good or as soulful as Lana did with Resurrections but the last few months have caught my interest for this one.

10 hours ago, dudalb said:

Taylor Swift says hi. 

Not a Swiftie, but in terms of pure popularity, I think Sweift has it over Gaga.

I assume “whole package” referred to multiple entertainment pursuits (multiple music genre success, TV and film roles, huge fashion icon and influence). There are very few acts today who have successfully crossed over between music and film and maintained success in both. Lady Gaga currently has the biggest song in the world (“Die With A Smile”) and is about to have the #1 movie in the world next weekend concurrently. It’s wildly impressive. 

WB are smartly relying on Gaga to use her fame as the lightning rod of the promo. Graham and Kimmel look to be her only, no Phoenix.

• Like 1

Pretty good reactions. I'm still expecting mixed to positive reactions overall especially from most of the people who don't know that it's a musical.

Hopefully it can get a B+ CS again, since anything more than this would be asking for too much.

• Haha 1

14 minutes ago, excel1 said:

everyone on X Twitter is freaking out about the ending 

I'm reading different things... hard to know which one is real

Spoiler

If true, I was kinda expecting it when Todd said that there will be no third movie...

Edited by belblazer

5 hours ago, Firepower said:

I know you strongly believe Gladiator 2 is gonna be the best movie ever, idk what to say here.

Or some of us just chose to be on the positive side for Gladiator 2  and that the industry buzz about it being good may be true. It could also be  bullshit and Ridley has dropped the ball again. Would rather stay on the positive side though until the evidence says otherwise.

• Like 1

17 hours ago, dudalb said:

Taylor Swift says hi. 

Not a Swiftie, but in terms of pure popularity, I think Sweift has it over Gaga.

I think they meant talent. Taylor has no talent.  Unless milking PR "boyfriends" to create hype for songs is a talent but it's more business acumen. 

Edited by Flopped
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 2
  • Knock It Off 1