TMP

Joker: Folie a Deux | October 4, 2024 | Lady Gaga is Harley Quinn in this 200M+ musical sequel

Yeah from more reactions last night, audiences will HATE this.

They just literally got rid of what made people love the 1st and dumped a musical that has no plot involvement or progression. It literally stops the movie to insert random musical scene and then get back to the movie. HOW can you mess up so badly? 

Audiences will be so fucking bored out of this and disappointed...it's gonna be ugly.

• Like 4

7 hours ago, TheDude391 said:

The idea of doing a sequel always seemed lame imo but the musical angle was at least SO out of left field that I was intrigued...and the musical angle is the worst part! It's SO half assed and awkwardly inserted that you could cut it all out and no one would be the wiser, it drags the movie out to a punishing 140 minutes.

Timothee wins again ❤️ 

5 hours ago, ThomasNicole said:

Grace Randolph [yeah i know] said there´s tons of scenes of Gaga that was on the marketing and have leaked photos of shooting that are fully missing of the movie.

This has been kind of a rumour since Venice, that for some reason Gaga role has been cut a lot. Saw some fans few weeks ago also saying she didn´t looked very happy or excited with the project like usual during the press tour, and that maybe it had to do with her role being toned down hardly in editing process. The reviews saying she´s not much in it only fueled the theory and now Grace which covers this things are saying there´s many scenes missing.

I did find it weird that she released her smash hit with Bruno Mars during the press tour for the movie, and already said she´s going to release another one right after the movie release.

Now I’m going to become the Joker. Why must Todd be so hetero?

• ...wtf 1

5 hours ago, ThomasNicole said:

Grace Randolph [yeah i know] said there´s tons of scenes of Gaga that was on the marketing and have leaked photos of shooting that are fully missing of the movie.

This has been kind of a rumour since Venice, that for some reason Gaga role has been cut a lot. Saw some fans few weeks ago also saying she didn´t looked very happy or excited with the project like usual during the press tour, and that maybe it had to do with her role being toned down hardly in editing process. The reviews saying she´s not much in it only fueled the theory and now Grace which covers this things are saying there´s many scenes missing.

I did find it weird that she released her smash hit with Bruno Mars during the press tour for the movie, and already said she´s going to release another one right after the movie release.

Lot of people are reporting it, if anything this proves Gaga was the first that has been done wrong by the director Todd Philips, considering her performance is being praised, not sure how she can be blamed for this underperforming or for the other issues, last time I checked she didn't direct this or wrote the script.

5 hours ago, vale9001 said:

Gaga acting career is not over as I said before but also i think it's kinda ridicolous  some people now are doing the "gaga is just a supporting actress" or "people are angry there isn't enough gaga" 🤣. When for a year and so they hyped gaga precence as the thing would have turn this into an event, when turning this into a musical with her it's probably the main "repulsive" factor for the potential core target of this.

She even made an album inspired by the role, she is in the main poster with Phoenix, she was a key point of the marketing of the movie from the moment she was announced.

Saying that now she should now just do "a normal movie". Something easy. What i mean with "easy"? Something doens't have around award hype, box office hype, cinephiles hype etc... Her acting career seems to focused to just follow that and doing "important projects" to the point people can feel there is something too imposed. Like "every 3 years i just return for these potentially huge award chasing important roles" like she is Di Caprio or Daniel Day Lewis. Even these two started with every kinda of role...this is how you create an acting career feels "real".

For how they presented the whole thing everybody thought Gaga was co-lead that is why people were surprised in finding out in fact she was not, especially because she was coming from 2 lead roles, you can't blame people for thinking her role in the movie would have been bigger.

Her being used for marketing in that way doesn't change the fact she's supporting with a small role in the movie and it has been the first thing pointed out by Venice reactions, if anything that wasn't really a smart move to do especially with somebody of her caliber.

Gaga is a musician and popstar in first, she has to balance movie and music career, you can't apply on her dynamics that work for regular actors like doing 3-4 movies at year, so far she chose the right roles that were fitting her in first, reason of why she got awards recognition for every of them, but she's not a director or a writer, certain things are out of her control.

More than "normal" movies, she needs to work with directors that are willing to give to her the right space and exploit her potential, since her acting continue to be praised.

52 minutes ago, Opium said:

For how they presented the whole thing everybody thought Gaga was co-lead that is why people were surprised in finding out in fact she was not, especially because she was coming from 2 lead roles, you can't blame people for thinking her role in the movie would have been bigger.

Her being used for marketing in that way doesn't change the fact she's supporting with a small role in the movie and it has been the first thing pointed out by Venice reactions, if anything that wasn't really a smart move to do especially with somebody of her caliber.

The thing is most people don't know Gaga is just a supporting role (I really doubt Venice has so big reach between audience). As you said, the promotion for Joker 2 sells Gaga as a co-star.

That means the current lack of interest for Joker 2 isn't due to Gaga small role since most people don't know about it yet.

Just now, Kon said:

The thing is most people don't know Gaga is just a supporting role (I really doubt Venice has so big reach between audience). As you said, the promotion for Joker 2 sells Gaga as a co-star.

That means the current lack of interest for Joker 2 isn't due to Gaga small role since most people don't know about it yet.

When the first trailer was released, it surpassed the 'Barbie' one in views in the first 24 hours becoming one of the most watched for WB with a great audience reception, the comments are still there, things have changed after Venice, the movie not having a good reception there has made noise, the lack of interest started from there otherwise the first trailer wouldn't have made noise, obviously this is not only about Gaga whereas she is lead or not.

11 minutes ago, Kon said:

I really doubt Venice has so big reach between audience

It has, even small Youtubers with a channel dedicated to movie reviews are getting invited to Venice nowadays.

35 minutes ago, Opium said:

It has, even small Youtubers with a channel dedicated to movie reviews are getting invited to Venice nowadays.

You don't need to get "invited" to Venice to attend.

56 minutes ago, Opium said:

When the first trailer was released, it surpassed the 'Barbie' one in views in the first 24 hours becoming one of the most watched for WB with a great audience reception, the comments are still there, things have changed after Venice, the movie not having a good reception there has made noise, the lack of interest started from there otherwise the first trailer wouldn't have made noise, obviously this is not only about Gaga whereas she is lead or not.

Honestly, I feel you're giving Venice too much power. It's true the first trailer seems to have a good amount of hype, but I feel this died pretty soon.

I just think the interest for Joker 2 dissapeared pretty soon after the first trailer (unlike Barbie).