TMP

Joker: Folie a Deux | October 4, 2024 | Lady Gaga is Harley Quinn in this 200M+ musical sequel

57 minutes ago, TheFlatLannister said:

Like I said several weeks ago, if this really is a true musical + courtroom drama than yeah this could surely go below $100M OW and be in danger of missing $700M WW. Doesn't really look like it will recapture that lightning in the bottle again and the CBM demo will just not show up to a 2 hour musical/courtroom film. 18-35 male demo generally hate musicals and legs will suffer for it (unless Joker 2 can pull other demos in through WOM)

I hasten to say that there is nothing wrong with a courtroom drama.

1 minute ago, dudalb said:

As I said, this films fanboys are still in the denial stage of grieving.

Oh, the film will still be a hit and make a good profit for WB, but it looks more and more unlikely it is gong to be the kind of massive huge hit the fanboys were expecting.  

Even like $750M would be a success

3 minutes ago, HummingLemon496 said:

Could this miss the top 5 WW of 2024? IO2 made $1.7B, DPW $1.35B, DM4 will be around $975M, Moana 2 probably like $1.2B+, and holiday legs will save Mufasa

It depends on how some of the later releases do.To use a sports metaphore, it fate might not be in it;s hands.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, thajdikt said:

There´s no way I'm seeing 500-600M worldwide predictions by people😭 Like fairs if people don´t think it won´t like 1B, but be FR at Worst it´s doing 800M. Madness

It's so funny how Reddit and r/boxoffice has completely turned on this movie after locking it in as a $1B+ hit ever since the first trailer. 

Edited by HummingLemon496

1 minute ago, HummingLemon496 said:

It's so funny how Reddit and r/boxoffice has completely turned on this movie after locking it in as a $1B+ hit ever since the first trailer. 

I mean people tampering expectations because of bad reviews is completely fair, but I do feel like it goes sometimes a bit to extreme. But people are entitled to their opinion and who know maybe I look like a fool come end of October. Hardly the first time, but really can´t see it at all.

1 minute ago, thajdikt said:

I mean people tampering expectations because of bad reviews is completely fair, but I do feel like it goes sometimes a bit to extreme. But people are entitled to their opinion and who know maybe I look like a fool come end of October. Hardly the first time, but really can´t see it at all.

It was nice seeing Marvels gross more than GOTG 3 ;)

Spoiler

Ok, just kidding

Edited by HummingLemon496

Same average rating as Beetlejuice 2 for what that's worth.

This might end up going fresh still when all's said and done, but probably gonna just perform like a typical superhero sequel.

Edited by AniNate