Eric Lasagna

The Marvels | November 10, 2023 | Abandon All Hope Ye Who Enter

1 hour ago, Madhuvan said:

Just a thought but if Eras Tour Film becomes a big success could this affect this film as the targeted female audience could have a big overlap ???

I know it's not 1-1 but even then 

Just like Barbenheimer affected the box office of August movies, this if becomes big success will affect the box office of all November releases. Most likely, its success will result in a muted November at the box office. Under 80m OW seems more and more likely for the Marvels now.

41 minutes ago, Willowra said:

Just like Barbenheimer affected the box office of August movies, this if becomes big success will affect the box office of all November releases. Most likely, its success will result in a muted November at the box office. Under 80m OW seems more and more likely for the Marvels now.

I'm not trying to make any Swifties mad, I promise...

Barbenheimer has so far made a shade under $900m domestic.  While this thing is gonna be huge, easily eclipsing any and all concert movies, it ain't making that kind of money and will probably be very front-loaded.  

Edited by Deep Wang

52 minutes ago, Willowra said:

Under 80 OW because of...a concert movie...premiering a month before...only in AMC theaters? In what's probably a comparatively limited release?

9 minutes ago, SpiderByte said:

Under 80 OW because of...a concert movie...premiering a month before...only in AMC theaters? In what's probably a comparatively limited release?

its there at cinemark and regal as well. I think its opening like a uber blockbuster at this point. Its taken down booking site as well which I last saw for huge day 1 sellers like NWH or DS2. It did not happen even for Thor 4 or Wakanda. 

2 minutes ago, keysersoze123 said:

its there at cinemark and regal as well. I think its opening like a uber blockbuster at this point. Its taken down booking site as well which I last saw for huge day 1 sellers like NWH or DS2. It did not happen even for Thor 4 or Wakanda. 

I highly doubt it'll have any impact a month out on this.

4 hours ago, TomThomas said:

Chip, you are massive Marvel fanboy, of course you are gonna defend it no matter what. I just follow patterns and common practices in the industry, they are all the same since the inception of Hollywood. There's no chance 90 minutes runtime was "part of the plan", even Morbius was longer. 99% chance I'm not wrong here, you'll see it for yourself in November. Again, if! less than 100 minutes runtime is true.

That's me, massive Marvel fanboy!

Again, you have no evidence of your statement at all. The only person dealing in facts here is me.

• Haha 1

This is why when people say "there's no way the movie can catch people up on Monica and Kamala" I don't get it. This took literally barely two minutes, and half of it was Carol!

Edit: in fact, looking more closely, this includes the scenes in the movie of them catching up!

Edited by SpiderByte
  • Like 2

3 minutes ago, Celedhring said:

Because Marvel is not much of a director-driven studio.

They've seemingly revamped the plans for Thunderbolts so that they could bring on basically the whole crew of Beef once they brought on its writer and director. I don't see why it's so implausible this movie written and directed by Dacosta is more like Dacostas other movies.

21 minutes ago, SpiderByte said:

This is why when people say "there's no way the movie can catch people up on Monica and Kamala" I don't get it. This took literally barely two minutes, and half of it was Carol!

Edit: in fact, looking more closely, this includes the scenes in the movie of them catching up!

Not sure if today was the best timing to release the new trailer with this Taylor Swift's Eras thing all over the news

36 minutes ago, Celedhring said:

Because Marvel is not much of a director-driven studio.

MCU is the text box example of assembly line films, any and all director creativity is crushed to further the franchise with the exception of maybe the GOTG films. It explains the success, but the audience doesn't expect risks anymore.

Edited by Mojoguy