Eric is Quiet

The Marvels | November 10, 2023 | Abandon All Hope Ye Who Enter

1 minute ago, TwoMisfits said:

Sebastian Stan has not presented the charisma on screen to topline a movie nor to seem like a team leader of any team.  

He'd be one of my bottom choices for new Avengers lead.  Heck, Wong is higher on my list for next leader b/c he has shown some spark on screen - and the next leader won't be Wong...

Lmao I'm talking about Captain Marvel; she is the current leader of Avengers in comics. Winter Soldier will be the leader of Thunderbolts as per Feige & he is also leading Thunderbolts in comics.

1 minute ago, Willowra said:

Lmao I'm talking about Captain Marvel; she is the current leader of Avengers in comics. Winter Soldier will be the leader of Thunderbolts as per Feige & he is also leading Thunderbolts in comics.

I wouldn't have him lead the Thunderbolts either...that seems very ill-advised.  They have to have a better character for Thunderbolts leader in their arsenal...

1 minute ago, Willowra said:

On the other hand, if Marvels underperforms, I could see a case of Danvers leading the Avengers only to get taken out through some plot contrivance in the opening action scene. 

Just now, Mr Terrific said:

Where are people seeing negative buzz about the movie quality itself? I’m not saying there isn’t. I just haven’t seen it. 
I’m trying to separate ticket sales/speculation from rumors about whether it is good. 

It's been an assumption from the trailers and their quality.

2 minutes ago, TwoMisfits said:

I wouldn't have him lead the Thunderbolts either...that seems very ill-advised.  They have to have a better character for Thunderbolts leader in their arsenal...

The problem is the overall announced crew doesn't present better options. Setting aside any issues you have with his charisma and sticking to a narrative perspective (as in, who leads the team, not necessarily who is the actual lead of the movie), Yelena is too much of a lone wolf type, Walker is a psycho, the others have way too little presence in past films and Bucky was fighting alongside all the Avengers in IW and EG. SO it makes sense for him to lead the team (even if, as I said, he is not the actual focus of the movie).

5 minutes ago, reddevil19 said:

The problem is the overall announced crew doesn't present better options. Setting aside any issues you have with his charisma and sticking to a narrative perspective (as in, who leads the team, not necessarily who is the actual lead of the movie), Yelena is too much of a lone wolf type, Walker is a psycho, the others have way too little presence in past films and Bucky was fighting alongside all the Avengers in IW and EG. SO it makes sense for him to lead the team (even if, as I said, he is not the actual focus of the movie).

True - and it's another own goal by Disney - while I don't love their Zemo presentation on screen, the actor and character still present more charisma and panache for a leadership role on the team he's known to lead...and yet, he's still not announced in the cast for this movie...

But, back to the Marvels...

16 minutes ago, TwoMisfits said:

Sebastian Stan as lead will attract most of the core MCU fanbase who has always loved him. That's a good decision. Another choice was Florence that's it 

26 minutes ago, Mr Terrific said:

Where are people seeing negative buzz about the movie quality itself? I’m not saying there isn’t. I just haven’t seen it. 
I’m trying to separate ticket sales/speculation from rumors about whether it is good. 

There is no real buzz on the quality until we hear from critics. Every MCU movie gets early great buzz so that can't be trusted. We'll have to just wait and see. Anyone who's claiming to know whether the movie is going to be well received or not is lying.

51 minutes ago, TwoMisfits said:

Just because he's the leader of the team doesn't mean he's the films main lead. Pugh probably has highest billing

• Like 1

just saw the "get tickets now trailer" and I gotta ask, why the heck is this called the marvels?

the trailers have all mostly been about Larson 

1 minute ago, interiorgatordecorator said:

just saw the "get tickets now trailer" and I gotta ask, why the heck is this called the marvels?

They weren't earlier ,they realized the mistake but very late

1 hour ago, Mr Terrific said:

The "negative buzz" is the "wokeness ruined Marvel" crowd

Honestly I think, worst case scenario, is that post Secret Wars X-Men becomes the flagship franchise instead of the Avengers. There's a whole lot of untapped potential in the X-Men that Fox never even scratched. Even with Deadpool and 97 coming, the X-Men main line films will have been dormant for nearly a decade by the time the MCU one releases, assuming it's the first thing after Secret Wars.

23 minutes ago, interiorgatordecorator said:

the first trailer wasn't but any marketing after that is probably because most people don't know who the other 2 are. I really do believe this will miss 300m domestic.