Eric Burnett

The Marvels | November 10, 2023 | Abandon All Hope Ye Who Enter

17 minutes ago, Willowra said:

Even the current Vice President of the USA was excited for the movie when the movie name was "Captain Marvel 2". Nia's Captain Marvel 2 announcement tweet had around 350k likes. What a missed opportunity!

In 2020, MCU popularity was still on its peak and people have high expectatives for the next movies.

People always know The Marvels is a sequel to Captain Marvel. I'm pretty sure she would congratulate Nia Da Costa if the movie was called The Marvels at that time.

9 hours ago, Valencia said:

Oof. That tracking. X-Men is needed badly.

Can Sam Cap 4, Blade, Thunderbolts, and just do Deadpool 3 straight into X-Men reboot even if there’s a year delay. Brand needs the break.

Why are people confident about Deadpool 3? That movie has a lower floor than Multiverse of Madness and maybe Wakanda Forever. No indication it’s going to be very good. Wolverine movies weren’t that big. Neither Deadpool movie went over 800m worldwide.

18 minutes ago, Kon said:

In 2020, MCU popularity was still on its peak and people have high expectatives for the next movies.

People always know The Marvels is a sequel to Captain Marvel. I'm pretty sure she would congratulate Nia Da Costa if the movie was called The Marvels at that time.

How much would Barbie have made at the box office if the movie name was "The Fantasy Land" instead of Barbie, even if people had known this movie is about Barbie? Brand IP matters

10 hours ago, ThomasNicole said:

Social media is already mocking it hard because of the first tracking and the data that is 42% behind Eternals on sales 

I honestly hope Disney finally do something to protect the women involved in this, especially Nia

The way they pretend to care about progress while hardly addressing the constant attacks the minorities working for them suffers is disgusting

They're adults, im sure they can handle some online criticism.

Mcu fucked up. Their audience grew up yet Marvel have decided to aim younger. 90% of movie goers don't like paying to watch woke crap, yet Marvel have forced it in and despite trying to be progressive to please the loud minority like yourselves, you still aren't satisfied with the studio. The sooner hollywood ignore the loud people like you, the quicker they can get back on track. Best be fast though as audiences are beginning to get used to not needing hollywood, or it's current state of shit writers

Go woke go broke, still as relevant as ever and I love to see it but damn it is exhuasting always being right

Edited by bigfoot
  • Like 1
  • ...wtf 6
  • Knock It Off 2

1 hour ago, Willowra said:

Even the current Vice President of the USA was excited for the movie when the movie name was "Captain Marvel 2". Nia's Captain Marvel 2 announcement tweet had around 350k likes. What a missed opportunity!

Stick a white director in there and she wouldnt give a shit.

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, bigfoot said:

Mcu fucked up. Their audience grew up yet Marvel have decided to aim younger. 90% of movie goers don't like paying to watch woke crap, yet Marvel have forced it in and despite trying to be progressive to please the loud minority like yourselves, you still aren't satisfied with the studio. The sooner hollywood ignore the loud people like you, the quicker they can get back on track. Best be fast though as audiences are beginning to get used to not needing hollywood, or it's current state of shit writers

Go woke go broke, still as relevant as ever and I love to see it

This has never been relevant.

13 minutes ago, DInky said:

This has never been relevant.

Mate, polls indicate that even most left leaning individuals dont like being preached to in movies. The fact the expression is so well known highlights just how relevant it is. Its not even a right v left thing anymore, the majority are tired of it and the box office is telling

Edited by bigfoot

1 hour ago, bigfoot said:

Go woke go broke, still as relevant as ever and I love to see it but damn it is exhuasting always being right

Nah, Barbie made $1b. Go Woke Go Broke isn't real. A hate watch is still a watch.

• Like 3

23 minutes ago, Bob Train said:

Nah, Barbie made $1b. Go Woke Go Broke isn't real. A hate watch is still a watch.

Barbie was awesome though. I dont remember any links to racial prejudice or discrimination so definitely wasn't woke,  just female empowerment based on a toy made for females with a damn funny gosling

Say it isnt real all you want, it wont make it true, especially when its backed by polls worldwide 

Edited by bigfoot
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Willowra said:

How much would Barbie have made at the box office if the movie name was "The Fantasy Land" instead of Barbie, even if people had known this movie is about Barbie? Brand IP matters

I know Brand IP matters, but I don't think Captain Marvel is a really strong brand. The character was too new in mainstream for that.

I mean, if Disney/Marvel really believes Captain Marvel was a strong, they wouldn't change the name for the sequel.

MCU (at its peak) was the strong brand that likely boost Captain Marvel box office.

3 minutes ago, bigfoot said:

Barbie was awesome though. I dont remember any links to racial prejudice or discrimination so definitely wasn't woke,  just female empowerment based on a toy made for females with a damn funny gosling

Say it isnt real all you want, it wont make it true, its a fact backed by polls worldwode that going woke leads people to ignore the movie

You would need to define woke (or stop using the word), because I'm pretty sure female empowerment could considered woke for many people.

Not to mention that the Barbie makes clear accusations to sexism.

Edited by Kon

Moderation

Bigfoot is an alt of Jessie. He's a bigoted, alt-right asshole, he's been one for years, he's been banned for years, he has no life and just makes alts in a forum he hates, and it's better for everybody here if you don't even attempt to give him the time of day. Thank you.

• Like 8
  • Haha 2

22 minutes ago, Eric Feels 22 said:

Moderation

Bigfoot is an alt of Jessie. He's a bigoted, alt-right asshole, he's been one for years, he's been banned for years, he has no life and just makes alts in a forum he hates, and it's better for everybody here if you don't even attempt to give him the time of day. Thank you.

Excuse me, years? How much time does this maggot have in their hands?

2 hours ago, bigfoot said:

Every since non black people learned the word Woke it has lost all meaning. How is Captain Marvel political? 

38 minutes ago, BadOlCatSylvester said:

Excuse me, years? How much time does this maggot have in their hands?

If you're this pigheaded and bigoted, you'll make the time. It's wild people want to be this problematic and hateful, because it takes less effort to be a chill, normal person. C'est la vie.

1 hour ago, bigfoot said:

Say it isnt real all you want, it wont make it true, especially when its backed by polls worldwide 

if any movie ever made was “woke”, it’s barbie. I get that cherrypicking examples makes the argument easier, but 2023 ain’t the year to do it.

Edit: ok, confirmed troll. More fool me

Edited by Hatebox
  • Like 3

Marvel should have pulled a Doctor Strange and got people to like the character by giving her a prominent role in another Superhero's movie. All she has is her own movie, most of which she isn't even herself in because they wanted to go with a poorly done and highly cliched amnesia plot and borderline Cameo appearances that show off her power levels and not her actual personality. They've handled Carol Danvers so poorly that if the movie opens well it's because they got lucky. 

Edited by Zakiyyah6
  • Like 1

I don’t believe the movie is being negatively affected by not being called Captain Marvel 2. At first I thought it should be called Captain Marvel 2 now I think it could be worse off if it was called Captain Marvel 2 and didn’t include or promote the other two ladies.

Edited by Reed121