Eric S'ennui

The Marvels | November 10, 2023 | Abandon All Hope Ye Who Enter

1 minute ago, TheFlatLannister said:

Would not change much...Probably $7.5M previews $60M OW 

However, this movie being an actual good film is lowkey more important than a box office win rn. Marvel has to continue to rebuild trust with the GA 

Yeah this movie is a locked financial disappointment, but some positive goodwill leading into a huge Disney+/PVOD launch would be a small win more Marvel 

Yeah like social media reactions aren't always positive. Obviously will see as more come in . 

Schangi chi - super positive ,that's when we know it was 90+% RT.

Quantumania - Muted and that's when we had a feeling it's rotten.

TLT - quite positive reactions though not as strong as Ragnarok but reviews ended up worse than Thor dark world which was a surprise.

You really have to read between the lines .

Grace hasn't been really hating on this movie . Going on her cryptic tweet and jumping on 90%+ train with little to go on seems Abit much .

18 minutes ago, SaltyPistola said:

Yeah this movie is a locked financial disappointment, but some positive goodwill leading into a huge Disney+/PVOD launch would be a small win more Marvel 

Well, the movie having a good critical reception (even 90% RT) wouldn't guarantee interest from the audience.

We would need to see the drop for the second weekend.

Edited by Kon

I do think (or hope, idk at this point) it won’t be a disaster. 

I’m expecting reception to be around L&T and MOM, so 67-70%, which maybe will be well perceived considering nobody expect anything at this point.

I mean obviously i can see this going Quantumania path but nothing in the trailer really made it look like trash so I’ll just follow that

This just keeps happening. It's not Just Grace. It's all over the place.

And, idk why you say grace wasn't hating on the movie. I'm a big Grace Randolph enjoyer, and I've kept up with everything she's said about The Marvels. She is mostly critical. Been throwing doubt on it for a while now. 

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, eddyxx said:

So basically Disney sabotaged the release of this movie if its actually good.

Idk about sabotage, but they might not have been as confident as they ought to have been. But conversely the "please dear God see it" approach to the marketing it's taken makes sense if they believe that the movie is in fact good but just not tracking well.

1 minute ago, Spidey Freak said:

She has been though, for almost 2 years now

Keeps complaining the she-hulk isn't in it because for some reason she thinks it's an A-Force movie 🙃
several months ago she actually said something along the lines of "I hear this movie is basically only good for middle-school slumber parties". If that's not hating, idk what is. She's said things like "this movie seems to be for the 'She-Ra' (2019) and 'Bee & Puppycat' crowd". And as much as I love both of those things, I think when she said it, she meant "this film seems niche and childish".
The Marvels Trailer 2 BREAKDOWN - Easter Eggs, Explained, Comics - YouTube

In this video here she says, "I see this shaping up more like Marvel's 'Birds of Prey'. She frequently claims it seems to have almost zero appeal to the male audience
(this video actually drives me crazy because Grace focuses in on the strangest things to pin as notable criticisms)