filmlover

Mean Girls | 1/12/24 | Paramount | based on the Broadway musical based on the movie | Tina Fey to write/produce | moving from streaming to theatrical

15 minutes ago, Jonwo said:

I'm curious who'd they get for Cady and The Plastics. 

Don't know much about the musical but I suspect it'll be like what Ryan Murphy is doing with his Netflix adaptation of The Prom coming later this year where the leads are played by unknowns and they fill the rest of the cast with famous faces.

38 minutes ago, Jonwo said:

I think adapting the musical rather than remaking the film is the best option. I'm curious who'd they get for Cady and The Plastics. 

Uh, you are aware that Tina Fey wrote both the screenplay for the original film and the book for the musical?

Honestly haha if they can make it look good enough o get fans on board (honestly, I could see this pissing a lot of people off too) I could see this being absolutely massive for the genre. Mean Girls is one of the most popular movies of the 2000s today. 

• Like 4

36 minutes ago, YourMother the Edgelord said:

Do you refer to the 2004 film or the musical?

LOLOLOLOL. The Musical. The lyrics are terrible and it’s no where near as fun as Heathers. 

Wait tho… would this remake be a musical then?

Ugh nvm my comment about it being huge. Literally tho, if they could somehow get the original cast back and do like a direct or spiritual sequel (even if the original cast are background characters) I'd say it would do something like 75/180

20 minutes ago, DAJK said:

Wait tho… would this remake be a musical then?

Ugh nvm my comment about it being huge. Literally tho, if they could somehow get the original cast back and do like a direct or spiritual sequel (even if the original cast are background characters) I'd say it would do something like 75/180

Yes, it is a screen version of the successful Broadway Musical based on the film.

DId you even bother to read the original story that started this thread?

• Knock It Off 2

9 minutes ago, dudalb said:

Yes, it is a screen version of the successful Broadway Musical based on the film.

DId you even bother to read the original story that started this thread?

Rude.

Anyways, the musical is pretty popular with fans of the movie I feel (at least my sisters and my Mom love the musical :lol:), so I think this could do something like 140M give or take

• Like 1