filmlover

Mean Girls | 1/12/24 | Paramount | based on the Broadway musical based on the movie | Tina Fey to write/produce | moving from streaming to theatrical

This looks like it's going to go theatrical. Just got an invite for a test screening for this movie, and test screenings are normally not done for streaming movies. My guess is that Paramount is seeing if they have anything here to send it theatrical.

• Like 5

On 2/2/2020 at 8:08 PM, Yandereprime101189 said:

The musical gave Regina the best songs so I'm looking forward to this.

This film's success will depend on who they cast as Regina.

I know this is an old comment, but I thought Regina had the worst songs. I thought Janis (perhaps unsurprisingly) had the best songs. The one that stuck me with the most:

Just like how The Color Purple might fail when people can just watch the classic?

These movies are taking a very different approach to their material and will mostly succeed (or fail) based on their own merits. I imagine the trailer for this is bowing in a couple of weeks as a Taylor attachment: the trailers before that are going to be very female-targeted.

1 hour ago, MovieMan89 said:

Ugh, just cave and do Mean Moms with the OG cast people. Even LiLo has expressed interest in recent years. Seems to just be McAdams who hasn’t expressed excitement over it, but I’m sure a big paycheck could say otherwise. 

Yeah, that’s 100% what they should focus on, a sequel where they’re moms should sell loads of tickets on nostalgia alone after so long I think.