Eric Atreides

***SPOILERS*** ***SPOILERS*** BIRDS OF PREY SPOILERS THREAD ***SPOILERS*** ***SPOILERS*** ***DID WE MENTION SPOILERS?????***

There is no spoilers here but just in case

Spoiler

I won’t spoil anything out of respect for the studio however after finally seeing the film, I can see why the trailers have been “meh”. This movie got a R rating and this is a very hard R. I mean, this might be the goriest mainstream comic book movie I’ve ever seen: you see a face be sliced open, broken bones, bleeding ears with bursting eardrums. There’s a lot of cursing, as well.

The gay aspect involving Black Mask is very subtle, it’s not explicit but it’s pretty obvious.

Harley Quinn gets the most screen time but most of the other characters get their fair share. The only character I thought was a bit underused was the Huntress.

Box-Office potential: I think the gore will hurt its chances in getting kids to go see it. This is a movie that is really not met for children. It’s pretty brutal. I think teens will love this, though. I think this will make John Wick numbers. Probably a bit more given Harley Quinn’s brand. 200 million+ domestically.

I expect WOM to be very good. Quality wise, it’s way better than Suicide Squad. The choppy editing is nowhere to be seen. The jokes are funnier. Margot Robbie is better though I still think she’s too self-aware. I thought Ewan MacGregor stole the show. The actress who played Cassandra Cain was also surprisingly good. I thought she was going to be the weak link. Everyone else was solid.

This is the most plausible reaction so far judging by the amount of details, not just "loved it!!!" "it was good/amazing"

• Like 3

9 minutes ago, belblazer said:

There is no spoilers here but just in case

Hide contents

I won’t spoil anything out of respect for the studio however after finally seeing the film, I can see why the trailers have been “meh”. This movie got a R rating and this is a very hard R. I mean, this might be the goriest mainstream comic book movie I’ve ever seen: you see a face be sliced open, broken bones, bleeding ears with bursting eardrums. There’s a lot of cursing, as well.

The gay aspect involving Black Mask is very subtle, it’s not explicit but it’s pretty obvious.

Harley Quinn gets the most screen time but most of the other characters get their fair share. The only character I thought was a bit underused was the Huntress.

Box-Office potential: I think the gore will hurt its chances in getting kids to go see it. This is a movie that is really not met for children. It’s pretty brutal. I think teens will love this, though. I think this will make John Wick numbers. Probably a bit more given Harley Quinn’s brand. 200 million+ domestically.

I expect WOM to be very good. Quality wise, it’s way better than Suicide Squad. The choppy editing is nowhere to be seen. The jokes are funnier. Margot Robbie is better though I still think she’s too self-aware. I thought Ewan MacGregor stole the show. The actress who played Cassandra Cain was also surprisingly good. I thought she was going to be the weak link. Everyone else was solid.

This is the most plausible reaction so far judging by the amount of details, not just "loved it!!!" "it was good/amazing"

That was a very good thread, not really spoiling anything but also answers quite a few questions. 

From a person who attended the premiere:

How was Black Canary? Personality and screen time wise. Did she get any action scenes beyond what we've seen in the trailers?

Loved her, lots of screen time, good fighting moves.

What’s happens in the post credits

I was at the first screening so this might change? it was only Harley Quinn talking no extra for the next movie, just like Ferris Bueller

Is the joker in it

NOpe, just one little part from Suicide Squad, was not needed.

It was just the chemical wedding scene?

yup

How does this fall in line with The Suicide squad? Is it before or after? Any mentions of the other characters in the dceu?

This is after Suicide Squad, because she see's a poster of Cap Boomerang and says oh I know him!

You see a poster of Cap Boomerang in the Police station scene, HQ goes "Oh I know him" nothing else that I can remember.

How was Black Mask?

He was amazing!

How much of the screentime go to harley and do the other characters got much development?

Harley gets the most, then Black Canary, Cassandra Huntress equal, Montoya gets the least

• Like 1

there's no dick pic.

the gayness is very subtle, almost not there. you get it If you know, you won't get it If you don't know. maybe it's more for english speaking people? I don't think avg international audience would get that right away.

no credit scene, but audio which is really nothing, really nothing.

Spoiler

just harley talking for 10 seconds over fox logo credit going on. and like deadpool, she says some thing like why are you still here? get out, then mention batman but cut off.

actions are okay. harley in police station was amazing.

also her with bat is iconic.

but the way she fight + others feel like reductive after 2 hours. they all fight in same style? so it became very predictable. especially final battle. feel like you already saw and know it, kinda anti climax.

black canary use her power 1 time at the end, I think this is already out on preview. that's all.

huntress probably has like 10 line and least time among team. she's used as comedy character. awkward, quiet, antisocial badass. imo kinda forced and predictable. wish she had more moment, especially using her crossbow, because as everyone fight in hand, she could've got fresh cool scenes with that bow, make final battle more interesting.

black mask has no fight/action scene at all. die at the end.

no batman, very little joker scene which was from SS, as in harley's memory.

in the end harley left with casandra, to help and teach her. 

other 3 working together as team, birds of prey.

Edited by imbruglia

I'm surprised, and indeed very happy to see this film is far from the mess I had anticipated based on the schizophrenic trailers. I'm curious to see how the frantic and absurd imagery fits together.

I believe overwhelming positive reviews will help BoP more than they helped Shazam at the box office, given Shazam was an easier movie to sell to audiences than BoP. Whereas everyone knew what to expect from Shazam, it seems no one knew what the deal with BoP was going to truly be. The marketing never leaned into the R rating, whereas it seems the film is gung-ho R. Word of mouth should be better than Shazam, due to the more surprising nature of BoP.

I wish I could have said all that in the main BoP thread, but alas I was threadbanned for having the gall to point out Warner Bros wasn't holding early screenings like with their previous films. That's unacceptable, but pages of arguments about Star Wars and Jennifer Lawrence are fine and dandy. Lesson learned!

Identity Politics is really killing what is left of western culture.

History will not be kind with what is happenning right now.

Seeds are being planted.

They will bloom and they will act surprised.

This movie is straight out of a deranged 13 year old Feminist 3.0 mind.

Of course it is praised.

Give the gullible minds easy to digest food and they will feel replenished.

Edited by The Futurist
  • Like 3
  • Haha 2
  • ...wtf 3
  • Disbelief 1