Eric Duncan

92nd Academy Awards Discussion Thread | PARASITE WINS BITCHESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS #BONGHIVE

1 minute ago, DAJK said:

I've always wondered this but how do they choose which stars go to the Oscars? I mean, nothing Keanu was in this year got nominated for anything. How do they select which actors do/don't go?

He was in Toy Story 4 which is up for some awards. Also presenting a category.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, DAJK said:

I've always wondered this but how do they choose which stars go to the Oscars? I mean, nothing Keanu was in this year got nominated for anything. How do they select which actors do/don't go?

he's presenting an award. i imagine they call the agents of any actors that had big movies out in 2019 (or have got movies out soon) to present at these things.

also toy story 4!

1 minute ago, DAJK said:

many times it's actors who have a movie to promote this year. or actors who had a popular movie last year so showrunners hope to attract their fans. and then there are "professional presenters" like Salma Hayek. Actors who haven't been relevant for years yet always show up as presenters (I know that salma has Eternals later in 2020 but that doesn't explain her omni-presence as the presenter since I was born).