Eric Duncan

92nd Academy Awards Discussion Thread | PARASITE WINS BITCHESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS #BONGHIVE

1 hour ago, RealLyre said:

Netflix should have better luck with the Oscars next year. 

they have

David Fincher's Mank
Spike Lee's Da 5 Bloods

Ron Howard's Hillbilly Elegy starring Amy Adams & Glenn Close

They also have Ryan Murphy's The Prom (starring Meryl, Nicole, Corden, and more) which will no doubt be aiming for the Golden Globes.

Superbowl ratings are still enormous even from previous years.

Maybe just maybe, the average Joe & Jane don't care about privileged millionaires babbling their inane banalities about politics.

Maybe the beautiful, rich and famous have difficulties with the english language and they didn't understand Ricky Gervais speech & point at the latest Golden Globes.

STFU about political stuff, thx everybody & be grateful, smile and bring your award safely at home.

Is it really that hard ?

Edited by The Futurist
  • Like 1

11 hours ago, The Futurist said:

Superbowl ratings are still enormous even from previous years.

Maybe just maybe, the average Joe & Jane don't care about privileged millionaires babbling their inane banalities about politics.

Maybe the beautiful, rich and famous have difficulties with the english language and they didn't understand Ricky Gervais speech & point at the latest Golden Globes.

STFU about political stuff, thx everybody & be grateful, smile and bring your award safely at home.

Is it really that hard ?

I do think Ricky had a big impact. There was a lot of talk about his speech after the globes, more so than any of the Academy winners of Sunday. More people will have seen that 7 minutes monologue than any of the acceptance speeches from Sunday and he really struck a cord with the general public.

Its true, the public don't care about watching rich people pat themselves on the back for 4 hours, turning up in their limos and 10k dresses then preaching we have to save the planet. They should cut it down to 2 hours and try leaving politics aside 

• Like 1
  • Astonished 1
  • Disbelief 1

What the Academy Awards needs is to bring back a host who isn't some ratty late night host. People can still say whatever. I don't care much about that since the majority are fairly controversy free. Stop with the mish mash video montages. This year it was random splices of scenes for the actors. What was that? I might even cut out the musical performance and leave that to the winner at the end of the show or right after whomever wins. The main thing I want back though is a host. 

Remember last year during the Kevin Hart fallout an article in I think Hollywood Reporter talked about how being the Oscar host had become the most unwanted gig in all of Hollywood (the fact that the only times the host has made headlines in the past decade is when they've bombed ala Franco/Hathaway or NPH - the latter was especially rough after how well he did hosting both the Emmys and the Tonys repeatedly - haven't helped matters either) so I don't think there's really any easy fix for the telecast unless they go the press conference route like the Golden Globes did when the strike happened, which won't happen but might be for the best, cause forced comedy and overproduced pageantry clearly isn't impressing anyone.

5 hours ago, The Panda said:

At the very least they should make accessible live streams if they want people to watch

It was rather accessible last time around, in the USA you had Abc stream and many other stream for free (https://oscar.go.com/live), but even in many market it was not blocked (and youtube had a stream has well, but could have been youtube prime or what the paying option is called)

The superbowl stream get a very small % of audience, I would imagine it was the same for this, almost everyone in the USA still has a tv that get ABC on it, specially the audience for who the luxury item advertising made during the show target, but it could be large, I would be curious to see the numbers.

Edited by Barnack

34 minutes ago, Barnack said:

It was rather accessible last time around, in the USA you had Abc stream and many other stream for free (https://oscar.go.com/live), but even in many market it was not blocked (and youtube had a stream has well, but could have been youtube prime or what the paying option is called)

The superbowl stream get a very small % of audience, I would imagine it was the same for this, almost everyone in the USA still has a tv that get ABC on it, specially the audience for who the luxury item advertising made during the show target, but it could be large, I would be curious to see the numbers.

I tried using the stream, not only did it require a subscription verification but it didn’t even work once I verified one.

Just now, The Panda said:

I tried using the stream, not only did it require a subscription verification but it didn’t even work once I verified one.

I had 2-3 working here (In Canada), not sure how official it was, I am not surprised if it didn,t work well (same happen for popular UFC/boxing, HBO big episode, superbowl), streaming is really a bad idea for popular event watched by a lot of people at the same time, that what broadcast is all about, net neutrality will probably be removed (already the case here in Canada) before those work well.