Totem

Monday Numbers - THG 11M

How many movies that have opened over 100 million have increased by over 200% on their second Friday?

None, spiderman3 has the hightest increase, but also the most implosively bad dailies

THG is losing all of its IMAX screens next weekend, right? How will that affect box office?

I would say it losses out on 4.5m-7.5m due too the loss. Edited by B J

I would say it losses out on 4.5m-7.5m due too the loss.

In overall gross, yes. For example, last weekend, THG made 10.2 of its 152.5 million from IMAX theaters. If we use 14.75 as average IMAX ticket price, that's 691,525 IMAX tickets. Assuming each and every one of those people would've watched it in 2D, that loss 10.2M IMAX gross would've still led to a 5.25-5.44 million 2D gross (depends on what 2D ticket price you use), which mean's THG would've made 147.6-147.8M on its OW, which is a loss of 4.9-5.1 million dollars. Loss IMAX will only take away 2-2.5 million from the second weekend gross. However, that 2-2.5 million could be the difference that would've been needed to grab the 2nd weekend record.

I think 200% is possible, but not likely. I'm thinking we'll see a 170% increase on Friday. Also, I don't think any drop this week will be over 15%.

If this thing can drop sub 15% on Wednesday, I'll be impressed especially if its Tuesday gross reflected that it benefitted from discount Tuesday.