Neo

The Flash | June 16 2023 | Ezra Miller, Michael Keaton | We’re stoping the count at a Nice 69% RT (it’s 72% For Real) | Please Remember that Your Enjoyment Of The Film is Not Based On Others Opinions And To Be Nice To Each Other

13 minutes ago, DAJK said:

This site is genuinely the only place I've seen any of this controversy discussing miller in a negative light. Everything on tik tok/twitter I've seen today is defending them pretty hard. 

Who are you following on twitter lol because I'm seeing the exact opposite concerning Twitter

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, DAJK said:

This site is genuinely the only place I've seen any of this controversy discussing miller in a negative light. Everything on tik tok/twitter I've seen today is defending them pretty hard. 

Most of the stuff I see online is people just saying they hope Ezra gets the help they need and that WB should recast. If Ezra assaulted someone with a chair they should be charged and in jail imo. 

If all the stuff I’ve read about the movie is true this is a big movie going forward for their slate so it’s not something that can just get dumped. Zaslav wants to utilize the DC IP even more going forward so I would assume if they can’t get things sorted out with Ezra they’ll end up recasting. 

Edited by cax16
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, DAJK said:

I typed Ezra Miller into the search bar on twitter and I saw not a single tweet in support of them. There were a few saying they need help/rehab/whatever but most were either against them or making fun of him. Reddit is also not defending them by and large. Although I can see some section of fans who I do not want to name maybe supporting them because they are rabid. 

WB is a little bit in the same boat as Disney was with West side story. It doesn’t logistically make any sense to reshoot or recast the movie at this point.
It’s not honestly worth spending the money to re-shoot or recast.

The big concern is how to handle things going forward.

I think the most efficient thing would be to basically not have them do any press, And then basically like the week after the film debuts to announce that they have parted ways and are going to recast the role.

WB has a perfect excuse to recast them since this film establishes the flashpoint/multiple universes. You just need one throwaway line about that in the first five minutes of whatever The Flash 2 looks like and then don’t ever talk about it again.

I also hope that Ezra finds the help that they need. They are clearly going through some anger and probably mental health issues. I am sympathetic to that, and though it is not an excuse for violence, in any way shape or form, I do hope that they find a way to get to a better place. 

I hate to say it, but everyone loves a comeback story. And maybe the RDJ treatment (rehab and jail) will get them to turn their life around.

• Like 9

3 hours ago, exomassey said:

Realistically they can’t be recast, the movies done and millions spent.

However they can afford to get Ezra help and try and sort something before the movie releases.

Such a shame and it will be interesting to see how they approach this situation now.

The recasting talk is about future Flash movies. Probably too late to do anything about this one.

Second degree assault in Florida is a felony....much more serious then Miller's last arrest.

He could be facing prison time.

This is no midemeandor this is serious stuff.

It's even out of the victim's hand, it up to the DA 's office. Miller has got himself in a world of legal hurt this time.

Edited by dudalb

10 minutes ago, Cap said:

WB is a little bit in the same boat as Disney was with West side story. It doesn’t logistically make any sense to reshoot or recast the movie at this point.
It’s not honestly worth spending the money to re-shoot a recast.

The big concern is how to handle things going forward.

I think the most efficient thing would be to basically not have them do any press, And then basically like the week after the film debuts to announce that they have parted ways and are going to recast the role.

WB has a perfect excuse to recast them since this film establishes the flashpoint/multiple universes. You just need one throwaway line about that in the first five minutes of whatever The Flash 2 looks like and then don’t ever talk about it again.

I also hope that Ezra finds the help that they need. They are clearly going through some anger and probably mental health issues. I am sympathetic to that, and though it is not an excuse for violence, in any way shape or form, I do hope that they find a way to get to a better place. 

I hate to say it, but everyone loves a comeback story. And maybe the RDJ treatment (rehabs and jail) will get them to turn their life around.

no it’s not the same as West Side Story because the lead here has actually been arrested 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, cax16 said:

Most of the stuff I see online is people just saying they hope Ezra gets the help they need and that WB should recast. If Ezra assaulted someone with a chair they should be charged and in jail imo. 

If all the stuff I’ve read about the movie is true this is a big movie going forward for their slate so it’s not something that can just get dumped. Zaslav wants to utilize the DC IP even more going forward so I would assume if they can’t get things sorted out with Ezra they’ll end up recasting. 

Some people don't get how serous this is. Second degree assualt is a felony charge in Hawaii and is considered a violent crime which meand mandatory p rison time.

I think Warners should go on the assumption that it's going to have to recast.

And that is what they s hould do:recast. Just recast. No need to bring in a multiverse solution. Marvel recast the Hulk/Bruce Banner  after Ed Norton proved difficult, and did just fine.

Edited by dudalb

Yeah, Ezra keeps getting arrested and in the news constantly lol. Ansel just had the allegations but remained "private". (And this is in no way supporting or defending Ansel, Ezra is just an actual media timebomb and liability) . That level of PR and unpredictability makes the situation more difficult to handle.

3 minutes ago, dudalb said:

Some people don't get how serous this is. Second degree assualt is a felony charge in Florida and is considered a violent crime which meand mandatory p rison time.

And that is what they s hould do:recast. Just recast. No need to bring in a multiverse solution. Marvel recast the Hulk/Bruce Banner  after Ed Norton proved difficult, and did just fine.

Why are you bringing up Florida here?  Miller is still in Hawaii.  

Edited by Macleod

3 hours ago, ChipDerby said:

Nobody will ever know who austin butler is.

:wtf:

The star of this summers Elvis will be fairly well for sure by July 1...

Edited by excel1
  • Haha 2

3 minutes ago, Macleod said:

Why are you bringing up Florida here?  Miller is still in Hawaii.  

That was a typo.I meant Hawiii. I actually  typed "Second degree assault in Hawaii" to find out how serious the charge was.

And it's damned serious.

3 hours ago, ban1o said:

But honestly , someone needs to intervene with Ezra because their behaviour could escalate and soon they'll do something that will FORCE WB to shelf The Flash. 

SInce Miller is facing possible prison time for this, it might be a bit late for intervention. He is in the criminal justice system now.

Ansel was much easier damage control because he doesn’t seem mentally unstable. You can tell him to shut the fuck up and lay low for 18 months and he’ll do it. Ezra was probably already told to lay low after those last charges were dropped before he threw a chair at somebody's head. 

• Like 2

39 minutes ago, dudalb said:

Some people don't get how serous this is. Second degree assualt is a felony charge in Hawaii and is considered a violent crime which meand mandatory p rison time.

This whole movie is basically a multiverse movie so it would be a pretty easy solution if they do go the recast route. 

Just now, cax16 said:

This whole movie is basically a multiverse movie so it would be a pretty easy solution if they do go the recast route. 

I know, I just think they don't need to replace the Earth one Flash with one from aonother Earth. Just recast.