Neo

The Flash | June 16 2023 | Ezra Miller, Michael Keaton | We’re stoping the count at a Nice 69% RT (it’s 72% For Real) | Please Remember that Your Enjoyment Of The Film is Not Based On Others Opinions And To Be Nice To Each Other

It's beyond Warner's control now. They can't fix this the way they did his disorderly charge. The  Hawaiian DA is now the one callling the shots on Miller's future.

My own betting is Miller is toast. He won't be around as the Flash after this movie. Recast and move on.

THe leap between a misdemeanor and a felony is huge in terms of serioiusness. 

It's a crazy time for celebrity-court appearances!  There was a video I just caught from another thread of Miller pleading No Contest Tuesday to the *previous* charge from late March -- but it's just been taken down.  They appeared virtually and were sentenced merely $500.00 (which was apparently canceled out by Bail).  This was just hours after they were arrested again late Monday night.   

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-10734769/The-Flash-star-Ezra-Miller-pleads-no-contest-fined-500-bust-Karaoke-bar-month.html

Edited by Macleod
  • Like 1

32 minutes ago, Macleod said:

It's a crazy time for celebrity-court appearances!  There was a video I just caught from another thread of Miller pleading No Contest Tuesday to the *previous* charge from late March -- but it's just been taken down.  They appeared virtually and were sentenced merely $500.00 (which was apparently canceled out by Bail).  This was just hours after they were arrested again late Monday night.   

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-10734769/The-Flash-star-Ezra-Miller-pleads-no-contest-fined-500-bust-Karaoke-bar-month.html

what makes this case unusual is this ain't no pay the fine and walk misdemenour. This is a viiolent crime felony rap. A lot, lot more serious.

Which is why WB has been quire about this.. Pretty sure both the WB legal and PR departments told them you just don;'t want to get involved here.

Edited by dudalb
  • Like 1

On 4/20/2022 at 1:07 AM, CoolioD1 said:

good thing he wasn't able to make it out for the fantastic beasts press tour he probably would've tried to batista bomb eddie redmayne in the middle of an interview or whatever.

This might be my favorite post.

On 4/20/2022 at 10:07 AM, ban1o said:

I don't think they should put DC on hold but can we please stop with the false equivalencies. Repeatedly assaulting women is not the same thing as having an uninformed opinion on vaccines. 

Literally nothing about that post was supposed to be serious. While I do think advocating against vaccines ON SET where people are just trying to do their fucking jobs under already stressful pandemic related situations is a dick move, and she's doing this when she seems to be mentally stable which is NOT the case with Ezra btw, that particular post was just to highlight the absurdity of having one person's action be the reason to discontinue an entire IP that contains films they aren't even a part of. This is the last I want to say on the matter before other people (not you ban10, we good) jump in and devolve the convo into Franchise Flame Wars.

Back to Ezra, aren't they attacking men too? They assaulted a man at the club and a guy they were staying with. More of the targets seem to be women but we seriously don't have enough info to know if misogyny is playing into it or if Ezra is having a horrific breakdown and lashing out at the nearest people during the episodes.

Edited by Spidey Freak
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, Spidey Freak said:

Literally nothing about that post was supposed to be serious. While I do think advocating against vaccines ON SET where people are just trying to do their fucking jobs under already stressful pandemic related situations is a dick move, and she's doing this when she seems to be mentally stable which is NOT the case with Ezra btw, that particular post was just to highlight the absurdity of having one person's action be the reason to discontinue an entire IP that contains films they aren't even a part of. This is the last I want to say on the matter before other people (not you ban10, we good) jump in and devolve the convo into Franchise Flame Wars.

Back to Ezra, aren't they attacking men too? They assaulted a man at the club and a guy they were staying with. More of the targets seem to be women but we seriously don't have enough info to know if misogyny is playing into it or if Ezra is having a horrific breakdown and lashing out at the nearest people during the episodes.

He's been attacking and being more aggressive to women than men by a significant amount from what we've seen. I don't know if identifying as genderless heightens his misogyny and allows him to more justify hitting women - but I would not be surprised at all. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

5 hours ago, Noctis said:

He's been attacking and being more aggressive to women than men by a significant amount from what we've seen. I don't know if identifying as genderless heightens his misogyny and allows him to more justify hitting women - but I would not be surprised at all. 

Wild that you acknowledge they identify as "genderless" and proceed to misgender them multiple times.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, ChipDerby said:

Wild that you acknowledge they identify as "genderless" and proceed to misgender them multiple times.

This is why the Dems are about to get crushed in November despite people largely disliking GOP.

Ezra Miller plays male characters. He is physically developed like a man. The insinuation that the way he sees the world is warped from legal and moral norms because he is a gender-fluid man is a legitimate take with no real plausible rebuttal. Whatever pronouns Ezra Miller goes by, or how he views himself, changes none of that. It is not offensive to Ezra Miller to point  out that this is factually how he has developed throughout life and may explain his bizarre behavior. His repeated attacks on women also lessen the amout of fucks one has to give about his own feelings on his personal gender. 

Edited by excel1
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 3
  • Knock It Off 4

7 minutes ago, excel1 said:

This is why the Dems are about to get crushed in November despite people largely disliking GOP.

Ezra Miller plays male characters. He is physically developed like a man. The insinuation that the way he sees the world is warped from legal and moral norms because he is a gender-fluid man is a legitimate take with no real plausible rebuttal. Whatever pronouns Ezra Miller goes by, or how he views himself, changes none of that. It is not offensive to Ezra Miller to point  out that this is factually how he has developed throughout life and may explain his bizarre behavior. His repeated attacks on women also lessen the amout of fucks one has to give about his own feelings on his personal gender. 

Can't wait for them Dem tears when they get crushed this November. Maybe they will blame Russia again.

• Thanks 1
  • Knock It Off 1

Moderation

Okay, let's do this one more time.

1. We have a politics subforum where you can air out your "grr liberals bad" or "the Dems are fucked this November" posts (Although really, don't bother. We really don't need this kind of stuff here). The midterms have nothing to do with The Flash. You know it. I know it. Your grandma knows it. The only reason I think you would bring up these topics is to troll and/or try to "own the libs". Which is not only super off-topic, but is sooooooo 2016. So don't try this again.

2. Yes, Ezra Miller's gender identity does not excuse their actions. I don't know why I have to explain this, since nobody was excusing Miller's actions, but I felt I had to clarify this since that seems to be something a few posters think is happening.

3. Likewise, Ezra Miller's gender identity does not explain their abusive behavior whatsoever. Identifying as non-binary does not represent said person's mental state, nor their treatment of certain sexes. That's nothing more than offensive rhetoric. Don't even try with this.

4. As I've said before, the staff will not give out any warning points or misdemeanors for identifying Ezra Miller with "he/him". Personally speaking, I prefer if people use "they/them" when mentioning Ezra Miller, but I can't stop this from happening. However, we will not tolerate any deliberate misidentifying of Miller's gender identity. Saying they are not nonbinary, or using their gender idenity as a means to attack them or use as the root cause for their poor behavior is prohibited. Full stop.

5. If you find any of this stuff objectionable, then quite frankly, leave. I don't want to put up with this kind of garbage, I feel safe in saying the feeling is mutual with the rest of the staff, and there's no reason to be on a website where you don't like the rules.

That is all.

• Like 14

as someone who identifies as non-binary it's fucking ridiculous how one's preferred identity can just be "taken away" from them the moment they do something wrong. i don't support Ezra Miller assaulting people (shouldn't even have to say this!) but the way people in this thread magically think it's okay to refer to them as a guy because of what they've done just reinforces to every NB person that your respect for them is conditional; if you commit a perceived wrong then suddenly you're not what you identify as. attack them for what they did, going after them for their gender identity is evil

• Like 21
  • Thanks 3
  • Haha 1

Honestly, I’m both disappointed and surprised at the bigotry that just went down on here. Thought we were better this. I don’t think anyone here condones what Ezra did but attacking someone for their gender identity is really fucking despicable.

• Like 4

Lots of hateful people in the chat.  There no excuse to purposefully misgender someone.  Even if they commit crimes that doesn’t give you right to be an asshole. Members here identify as non binary and use “they/them” pronouns. Using the correct pronouns is sign of respect for your the community. I don’t get why “hearing the words they/them” trigger people.  

• Like 9

I know I’m not a mod, but I’m starting to think that maybe this thread should just remain closed, at least until a trailer drops, or news of Ezra Miller getting fired is revealed. The one thing we all seem to agree on is that there’s no defending Miller’s actions.