Neo

The Flash | June 16 2023 | Ezra Miller, Michael Keaton | We’re stoping the count at a Nice 69% RT (it’s 72% For Real) | Please Remember that Your Enjoyment Of The Film is Not Based On Others Opinions And To Be Nice To Each Other

2 minutes ago, WittyUsername said:

I never said anything about the budget being $280 million for this. I just said that the ending was reshot a couple of times. I didn’t get that from any ResetEra thread. No way I would ever go near that hellhole. 

I think that person who quoted me just said the wrong users name cause it also started with a W but wasn’t you. 

7 minutes ago, cax16 said:

Wasn’t that just an after credit scene (that is now changed anyways?)?That’s not really the end of the movie, correct me if I’m wrong though please. 

Spoiler

No. The after credit scene has apparently been reshot as well, but what I was referring to was the scene that plays before the credits roll. The original ending they shot established that Keaton and Calle are now part of the DCEU, but that’s apparently not what the ending for the finished movie is. I don’t know if you want me to give it away, but people like ViewerAnon have backed this up for what it’s worth. 

Edited by WittyUsername
  • Like 1

22 minutes ago, Willowra said:

ViewerAnon: I’ve heard THE FLASH’s actual budget is closer to $300 million than $200 million. It’s not getting canceled or scrapped to be reshot.

He deleted this tweet.

As I said please provide a trade article, you said the trades were working overtime to help WB with their narratives. ViewerAnon is great though, I enjoy following them on Twitter but budgets isn’t normally what I see them tweeting about, more about test screening info. 

And honestly I’m not even questioning wether VA is right or not about the 280m, I’m just tired of seeing posts from people spouting info without any facts. You said trades in your original post and the trades never said 280m. Maybe that article will come out in a few months also by for now it hasn’t happened. 

Edited by cax16
  • Like 5

4 minutes ago, WittyUsername said:
  Hide contents

No. The after credit scene has apparently been reshot as well, but what I was referring to was the scene that plays before the credits roll. The original ending they shot established that Keaton and Calle are now part of the DCEU, but that’s apparently not what the ending for the finished movie is. I don’t know if you want me to give it away, but people like ViewerAnon have backed this up for what it’s worth. 

Thanks for clarifying, I remember reading that as well.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, cax16 said:

As I said please provide a trade article, you said the trades were working overtime to help WB with their narratives. ViewerAnon is great though, I enjoy following them on Twitter but budgets isn’t normally what I see them tweeting about, more about test screening info. 

Okay, scrap the 280 million figure. 220 to 190M, and waiting for the Deadline to further decrease it to 170M.

Edited by Willowra
  • Knock It Off 2

3 minutes ago, Willowra said:

Okay, scrap the 280 million figure. 220 to 190M, and waiting for the Deadline to further decrease it to 170M.

Lol ok. Or you could just admit you’re wrong. 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

Regardless of the final quality, I have never seen so many people rooting for a movie to fail in my life. Following The Flash has been so exhausting, and with the amount of vitriol online surrounding every single aspect of this movie, I'm now fully expecting this vitriol to extend to some critics' reviews even if the movie is good.

Edited by Dragoncaine
  • Like 8

2 minutes ago, Dragoncaine said:

Regardless of the final quality, I have never seen so many people rooting for a movie to fail in my life. Following The Flash has been so exhausting, and with the amount of vitriol online surrounding every single aspect of this movie, I'm now fully expecting this vitriol to extend to some critics' reviews even if the movie is good.

Ya this has been a constant as a fan of dc movies over the last decade, granted the company hasn’t done much to help themselves but it is exhausting following certain movies I’ve been excited for, this thread being a perfect example. It’s kinda hard to escape anywhere tbh cause social media is bad as well.

Oh well, I’m hoping Gunns reboot can change some people’s attitudes towards future dc projects. 

• Like 4

3 minutes ago, Dragoncaine said:

That's beyond anyone's control, if you like the movie then just go watch it to support it. 
Money is the only thing that will make or break a movie.

• Like 1

Just now, cax16 said:

Ya this has been a constant as a fan of dc movies over the last decade, granted the company hasn’t done much to help themselves but it is exhausting following certain movies I’ve been excited for, this thread being a perfect example. It’s kinda hard to escape anywhere tbh cause social media is bad as well.

Oh well, I’m hoping Gunns reboot can change some people’s attitudes towards future dc projects. 

Sadly it won't cause the DC fanbase is very fractured.
The biggest mistake was not letting Snyder finish his arc, it will haunt them for years ahead. 
The new Superman actor will need to deal with a lot of trolls out there.
I think that Gunn is making a huge mistake as well in casting yet another new Batman instead of waiting for Reeves to 
finish his Batman stories.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Ohana said:

Sadly it won't cause the DC fanbase is very fractured.
The biggest mistake was not letting Snyder finish his arc, it will haunt them for years ahead. 
The new Superman actor will need to deal with a lot of trolls out there.
I think that Gunn is making a huge mistake as well in casting yet another new Batman instead of waiting for Reeves to 
finish his Batman stories.

Nothing against Snyder or his fans as I don’t want to go down that road again but that’s definitely not what’s gonna haunt them lol. 

Edited by cax16
  • Like 9
  • Thanks 1

47 minutes ago, Dragoncaine said:

I don't want Ezra Miller to get residuals. 🤷‍♂️

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, John Marston said:

them lowballing the budget is not unbelievable. The 300m rumor made sense to me due how desperate they have been coming off in trying to get people to see this movie. I have never seen anything like it

Also... 18 months of post, come on.

17 minutes ago, 21C said:

Also... 18 months of post, come on.

Please explain how that would balloon the budget.

Do you know the post schedule or are you saying it spent 18 consecutive months with people actually working on post? VFX houses don't work on T&M, they are fixed price bids whether they take 6 months or 24 months. And where did you get the insider information that the movie was pretty much in post the entire 18 months instead of the logical assumption that people worked on it for their parts until done instead of every single day over those 18 months.

Editing and sound design etc are also fixed fee based on guild contracts unless there's extenuating circumstances for more work than previously decided.

You can't just say "18 months in post" as justification for any number you want. Please describe how 18 months in post would cause major budgetary overruns. Or are you just parroting something without actually knowing how the movie industry works?

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, grim22 said:

Please explain how that would balloon the budget.

Do you know the post schedule or are you saying it spent 18 consecutive months with people actually working on post? VFX houses don't work on T&M, they are fixed price bids whether they take 6 months or 24 months. And where did you get the insider information that the movie was pretty much in post the entire 18 months instead of the logical assumption that people worked on it for their parts until done instead of every single day over those 18 months.

Editing and sound design etc are also fixed fee based on guild contracts unless there's extenuating circumstances for more work than previously decided.

You can't just say "18 months in post" as justification for any number you want. Please describe how 18 months in post would cause major budgetary overruns. Or are you just parroting something without actually knowing how the movie industry works?

That’s this whole thread in a nutshell. 

Everyone is conveniently forgetting how VfX houses have all been so overworked after covid and how many of these movies changed their release dates to accommodate more time for them to do work on their movies.

Anyways, I’m done responding to those types of posts in here, Twitter and this thread have ruined the lead up to this movie that I was really excited for. I know it sounds juvenile to say that but it’s kinda hard to avoid when here and twitter is basically the two places I frequent the most when I’m online. 

People can do their gloating when the movie doesn’t make any money or whatever, I’m just gonna watch this and try and enjoy myself. 

• Like 2

30 minutes ago, 21C said:

I don't want Ezra Miller to get residuals. 🤷‍♂️

I totally get this sentiment. Ezra is a piece of shit. That said, do you own or have you watched any Weinstein Company films since 2016? Any Kevin Spacey films on streaming? Polanski? Woody Allen? How about Josh Brolin? Brad Pitt?

I work in this industry, it's filled with garbage people. You're 100% encouraged to put your money where your mouth is, but we can't be selective about this if we're really trying to make a social-justice impact.

• Like 2
  • Knock It Off 1

8 minutes ago, cax16 said:

That’s this whole thread in a nutshell. 

Everyone is conveniently forgetting how VfX houses have all been so overworked after covid and how many of these movies changed their release dates to accommodate more time for them to do work on their movies.

Anyways, I’m done responding to those types of posts in here, Twitter and this thread have ruined the lead up to this movie that I was really excited for. I know it sounds juvenile to say that but it’s kinda hard to avoid when here and twitter is basically the two places I frequent the most when I’m online. 

People can do their gloating when the movie doesn’t make any money or whatever, I’m just gonna watch this and try and enjoy myself. 

Personally, my favorite bit of budget discussion is when someone says that because Fast X has a 340M budget, Flash should be similar. Just completely forgetting that Fast X is now paying it's cast for their 7th movie. The main cast alone is 100M before anything is filmed with Diesel alone making around 40M (he made 35M for F9). That, and the director was changed a week before production which adds a lot to the budget and pre-pro, and COVID had literally shutdown the initial production there. 

• Like 1