Neo

The Flash | June 16 2023 | Ezra Miller, Michael Keaton | We’re stoping the count at a Nice 69% RT (it’s 72% For Real) | Please Remember that Your Enjoyment Of The Film is Not Based On Others Opinions And To Be Nice To Each Other

Just now, cax16 said:

Man, this “greatest superhero movie”

nonsense is so annoying :/. Literally no one said that ever. Very frustrating that positive reactions are adding this stuff. 

THIS.

Literally no one has ever said this and it's the same people creating this content to use it against the movie. It should have stopped by now.

4 minutes ago, cax16 said:

Man, this “greatest superhero movie”

nonsense is so annoying :/. Literally no one said that ever. Very frustrating that positive reactions are adding this stuff. 

I mean, Warner social media did quote lots of people saying that and Zaslav said it as well 

I do think is unfair but we could imagine that more serious critics could’ve talk about this type of marketing in their thoughts for weeks now 

Edited by ThomasNicole

Just now, belblazer said:

THIS.

Literally no one has ever said this and it's the same people creating this content to use it against the movie. It should have stopped by now.

Zaslav shouldn’t have ever said anything but not much you can do at this point to stop that train lol. People really dislike Zaslav so I’d expect this to keep coming up. 

Just now, cooldude97 said:

he said it was the best movie he has seen this year

He did say early on that it's one of the greatest superhero movies ever, but then in his top 5 list recently it wasn't there. Maybe top 10 for him? Or maybe just promoting the brand with a good movie, but overhyping. We'll see soon enough!

• Like 1

Yeah, just letting people know that anybody here who's going to be snarky and go all "lololol I thought this was the greatest superhero movie ever lolololololol" when the reviews drop...don't. If you do, you're getting warning points. I am not going to tolerate this bufoonery.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, ThomasNicole said:

I mean, Warner social media did quote lots of people saying that and Zaslav said it as well 

I do think is unfair but we could imagine that more serious critics could’ve talk about this type of marketing in their thoughts for weeks now 

Zaslav never said that, he said “it’s the best superhero movie he’s ever seen”. You can take that in whatever context you want but it’s obvious he was just trying to pump up the movie. It really doesn’t matter at this point cause it’s already been put out there for a while now so I’d expect it to keep happening. 

1 minute ago, cooldude97 said:

he said it was the best movie he has seen this year

https://variety.com/2023/film/news/ezra-miller-dc-future-the-flash-recover-james-gunn-1235507014/

He did say it was at least one of the greatest superhero movies ever made. Though again, I don't really think that should be factored into the actual review. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Menor Reborn said:

I agree that it shouldn't affect the review, but Gunn has said this I thought?

He said it’s his favourite movie of the year minus guardians cause he doesn’t rate his own movies like that, and said it was one of the best superhero movies he’s seen. 

• Like 1

Just now, cax16 said:

Zaslav never said that, he said “it’s the best superhero movie he’s ever seen”. You can take that in whatever context you want but it’s obvious he was just trying to pump up the movie. It really doesn’t matter at this point cause it’s already been put out there for a while now so I’d expect it to keep happening. 

knowing the type of guy Zaslav is I wouldn't be surprised if he's only seen like 5 superhero movies 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Just now, Menor Reborn said:

https://variety.com/2023/film/news/ezra-miller-dc-future-the-flash-recover-james-gunn-1235507014/

He did say it was at least one of the greatest superhero movies ever made. Though again, I don't really think that should be factored into the actual review. 

I don’t want to start anything in the thread I just kinda wish people would put out their thoughts without that stuff but i understand it’s all about engagement for most of these people so I get it. 

• Like 2