Neo

The Flash | June 16 2023 | Ezra Miller, Michael Keaton | We’re stoping the count at a Nice 69% RT (it’s 72% For Real) | Please Remember that Your Enjoyment Of The Film is Not Based On Others Opinions And To Be Nice To Each Other

2 minutes ago, AJG said:

Those are comic book sales. To the public, characters like Blade, Punisher, X-Men, and The Fantastic Four we're way more know than The Avengers.

That's because the Avengers movie was released for the first time in 2012. But Avengers were A-listers in comics way before the release of the Avengers movie.

2 hours ago, Mulder said:

How does like every DC thread on here become the Zack Snyder debate club thread.

Because a lot of the woes plaguing WB, and the DC brand specifically, can be traced back to WB making him the architect of the DCEU.

14 minutes ago, JWR said:

Because a lot of the woes plaguing WB, and the DC brand specifically, can be traced back to WB making him the architect of the DCEU.

Yeah, they should have made Green Lantern the launchpad for the DCEU instead of Man Of Steel.

I really feel bad for this and ELEMENTAL. I thought June would do crazy business. So far, it's really just GOTG III for me. ATSV has done great domestically, but the overseas numbers are just okay. TLM and FAST X are the same.

• Like 3

If they had released the Ultimate Cut of BvS and the Ayer Cut of Suicide Squad in theaters and not brought in Whedon for Justice League, then everything would have been fine IMO. But they cut BvS down and then panicked and it all collapsed on itself. Not saying the Ultimate Cut is even good and who really knows what the Ayer Cut would look like, but I'd be willing to bet it's far superior to what we got. Without going full awful on those 2 and simply getting movies that are fine, then Wonder Woman does even more to help propel into Zach Snyder's Justice League and this universe, while not on the level of the MCU, is making good money and running a solid 2nd as opposed to being in full scramble mode for 6 years.

I get Snyder's vision wasn't for everyone and this is not a popular opinion, but the decisions made by executives in 2016 is what caused the majority of these problems.

• Like 5

Score probably isn't going to change much now with 200 reviews on RT. It's been bouncing between 68 and 70% over the last 24 hours. I still find it hilarious that the studio touted this as the greatest superhero film in years and it ends up getting reviews similar to Aquaman/The Incredible Hulk/The Wolverine/Iron Man 2. Lol.

Just now, KGPatt2 said:

If they had released the Ultimate Cut of BvS and the Ayer Cut of Suicide Squad in theaters and not brought in Whedon for Justice League, then everything would have been fine IMO. But they cut BvS down and then panicked and it all collapsed on itself. Not saying the Ultimate Cut is even good and who really knows what the Ayer Cut would look like, but I'd be willing to bet it's far superior to what we got. Without going full awful on those 2 and simply getting movies that are fine, then Wonder Woman does even more to help propel into Zach Snyder's Justice League and this universe, while not on the level of the MCU, is making good money and running a solid 2nd as opposed to being in full scramble mode for 6 years.

I get Snyder's vision wasn't for everyone and this is not a popular opinion, but the decisions made by executives in 2016 is what caused the majority of these problems.

Do people now understand why it always come back to Snyder even if I believe pretty much everyone including his fans are sick of hearing his name related to this?

And I’m sorry, but no. It wouldn’t change nothing. In fact despite me enjoying Zack Snyder’s Justice League and agreeing that that film is better than the theatrical version that Joss Whedon worked on, we need to understand that the film Snyder released was a 4 hour cut. A 4 hour cut that he had the luxury of ruminate and think through since 2016. As a superhero nerd and fan of the superhero film genre, I can tell why Snyder’s version was better. The average moviegoer though? I sincerely doubt it. Living in an ‘what if’ world is something that the fans of the Snyderverse world are doing for literally ten years now. This is the last film of that era before the introduction of a new superhero set in the DCU. 

Like Dr. Jones would say:

indiana jones father GIF

• Like 4

9 minutes ago, ZattMurdock said:

Do people now understand why it always come back to Snyder even if I believe pretty much everyone including his fans are sick of hearing his name related to this?

And I’m sorry, but no. It wouldn’t change nothing. In fact despite me enjoying Zack Snyder’s Justice League and agreeing that that film is better than the theatrical version that Joss Whedon worked on, we need to understand that the film Snyder released was a 4 hour cut. A 4 hour cut that he had the luxury of ruminate and think through since 2016. As a superhero nerd and fan of the superhero film genre, I can tell why Snyder’s version was better. The average moviegoer though? I sincerely doubt it. Living in an ‘what if’ world is something that the fans of the Snyderverse world are doing for literally ten years now. This is the last film of that era before the introduction of a new superhero set in the DCU. 

Like Dr. Jones would say:

indiana jones father GIF

Just saw people talking about Snyder and wanted to throw my two cents in.

You disagree, and that's fine. But I doubt three more well-received movies wouldn't have changed anything. It seems pretty basic that better movies leave things in a better place for a cinematic universe, but you feel differently.

Snyder's Justice League was obviously too long for a theatrical release, but it could have been cut to around 3 hours without any big issues.

27 minutes ago, KGPatt2 said:

I'm sorry, but that couldn't be more wrong.

The Ultimate Edition of BvS would have had the exact same reception as the theatrical cut. It's more coherent, but it still has all the elements that audiences disliked about Snyder's vision: The morose tone, the questionable characterizations, etc. Same movie, just longer and it would have made less because of that runtime.

Edited by JWR
  • Like 9

5 minutes ago, KGPatt2 said:

You disagree, and that's fine. But I doubt three more well-received movies wouldn't have changed anything. It seems pretty basic that better movies leave things in a better place for a cinematic universe, but you feel differently.

Snyder's Justice League was obviously too long for a theatrical release, but it could have been cut to around 3 hours without any big issues.

There is zero reason to believe they would've been more "well-received" by the GE.

4 hours ago, YSLDC said:

So how big can the opening weekend be? Can it make Guardians money?

Maoyan Forecast - ¥202M ($28.3M) largely because it will die on Dragon Boat Festival

For OW Forecast - ¥96.3M ($13.5M)

Reviews are largely positive - 

Screenshot-2023-0616-001330.jpg

9.4 Maoyan

Screenshot-2023-0616-001442.jpg

9.6 Taopiaopiao 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, KGPatt2 said:

Zack Snyder’s Justice League is a decent Elseworlds story, but it’s at same time a 4 hour self indulgent mess. It’s better than Man of Steel or Batman v Superman sure, but would Snyder be able to deliver that back in 2017? With an actual decent theatrical cut running time, and not a 4 hour extravaganza? It worked because it was on streaming, it worked because I don’t care what Snyder says, he had a lot more time to think that one through, I don’t care that he says that he never thought about the movie again and never watched Whedon’s version. No director works alone, if he didn’t watch it, several members of his team definitely did, and they would be idiots if they didn’t.

I understand the frustration of those that love films that aren’t seen as ‘good’ by the general audiences. I mean I’m infamously one of the biggest apologists of The Amazing Spider-Man 2 that BOT and the internets have ever seen. You will always have those films, you will always have The Flash, but we can’t possibly know if a "pure" Snyder’s Justice League would be better than the theatrical version. Let alone Ayer’s Squad. And "being cut with no issues" sure, but would the public show up for this "3 hour opus" instead of the 2 hours of the theatrical version? Does Snyder’s take in that world was worth that for the general moviegoer, or only the hardcore fans? It’s an ‘what if’ exercise. And I sincerely doubt that it would change anything. In fact I imagine it would be trashed just as hard as the theatrical version was.