Neo

The Flash | June 16 2023 | Ezra Miller, Michael Keaton | We’re stoping the count at a Nice 69% RT (it’s 72% For Real) | Please Remember that Your Enjoyment Of The Film is Not Based On Others Opinions And To Be Nice To Each Other

14 minutes ago, joselowe said:

I said this movie was going to underperform because of the Ezra scandal but no one listened to me. An accused sex offender will never be able to properly promote a film and a lack of promo hurts films!

In hindsight I don't think it is lack of promo, it's moreso that people kinda don't want to see em succeed. 

That said, film is a rock solid superhero film and will hold better than anyone expects. B CinemaScore is laughable 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

14 minutes ago, excel1 said:

In hindsight I don't think it is lack of promo, it's moreso that people kinda don't want to see em succeed. 

That said, film is a rock solid superhero film and will hold better than anyone expects. B CinemaScore is laughable 

I think TLM was more of people not wanting it to succeed which is why it underperformed. This film didn’t get review bombing or millions of dislikes on the YouTube promo like TLM. Outside of commercials the studio couldn’t get reach  too many people. Social media comments would definitely talk about Ezra if the studio promoted it like they wanted and interviews or any sort of endorsement deals like Transformers and TLM had are out of the question for anything with Ezra name attached to.

Ezra’s charges are worst than Jonathan Majors who studios are already editing him out of films because of the backlash. Ezra kidnapped, abused women and children and was arrested for burglaries and apparent had some type of cult. https://www.thecut.com/article/ezra-miller-allegations.html

No companies or tv networks want to be attached with showing any affiliations with that. 

Edited by joselowe
  • Like 2

30 minutes ago, excel1 said:

-10% 2nd Weekend - Load it up

:ohmyzod:

12 hours ago, Human said:

This has been a disastrous weekend at the box office.

Note- this movie is not good. Metacritic its very poor rating.

The only positive is the extended run time of near 2.5hours so you get your money's worth

This is a total box office turd. Will lose the studio over $100m dollars due to promotions and advertising costs.

Edited by Halba
  • Like 2

4 hours ago, joselowe said:

I said this movie was going to underperform because of the Ezra scandal but no one listened to me. An accused sex offender will never be able to properly promote a film and a lack of promo hurts films!

they'll delete your comment. mods here are...weird

• Like 2

Based on trailers, i didn't expect one of the best comic book movies and i didn't get one. The film doesn't take itself too seriously and you shouldn't either. Some parts were genuinly funny, some a bit annoying (Barry from the other timeline can be a bit much sometimes), some good action (mainly at the beginning) and some setpieces that i didn't much care for (mainly at the end). I usually don't comment on special effects but i have to say, some of "the faces" reminded me of the Scorpion King. If you are a comic book or DC fan you should probably go see it, my main reason i went to it was Michael Keaton and i got a genuine kick out of seeing him as this has-been Batman that goes on a last adventure. Not much else to say. Maybe one thing, don't get the Supergirl hype. She was just there to look angry and scream. Granted, that's more on the screenplay than on the actress.

• Like 4
  • ...wtf 1

Idk what the national ticket price average is but I think when you compare Thursday previews sales to the viewership of the CW Flash series finale...I think it's actually a lot closer than people would have guessed. I can't find exact numbers though

Edited by SpiderByte

7 minutes ago, SpiderByte said:

Idk what the national ticket price average is but I think when you compare Thursday previews sales to the viewership of the CW Flash series finale...I think it's actually a lot closer than people would have guessed. I can't find exact numbers though

9.7mil/$15 =  646k viewers

9.7mil/$14 = 692k viewers

9.7mil/$13 = 746k viewers 

You might be right

Just now, Belakor said:

WB should have released this on Max, also Beetle, both look terrible.  I do not see any DC film performing well outside Batman, at least for a couple of years.

Aquaman biggest drop off ever inbound?

• ...wtf 1

55 Million. Ouch.

I sawit last night..overall liked it, though it has a lot of lfaws an dis a long way from being one of the best Comic book movies ever made...but the theater at 7.00 on a Saturday night..which should be one of the busiest showings...was not ever half full.

It's making enough to just break even probably won't happen.

Edited by dudalb

1 hour ago, Belakor said:

WB should have released this on Max, also Beetle, both look terrible.  I do not see any DC film performing well outside Batman, at least for a couple of years.

You don't telase 200 Million dollar movies on Max. With that much spent, you have no choice but to roll the die at the box office.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1