Neo

The Flash | June 16 2023 | Ezra Miller, Michael Keaton | We’re stoping the count at a Nice 69% RT (it’s 72% For Real) | Please Remember that Your Enjoyment Of The Film is Not Based On Others Opinions And To Be Nice To Each Other

I liked this, I think? I'd even say the first hour and last 15 minutes of this is terrific. Everything else sucked. Was hoping more of the movie would be like the scene with the babies (didn't expect this to be inspired by the Heroic Trio), which was the movie at its most inspired and funniest.

Muschetti is great when he sticks to making fun roller coaster rides. Same reason I really liked It 2

Edited by lorddemaxus
  • Like 2

So who is paying for the extra B1G1 Flash tickets? It has to be WB so they can pad the numbers, right? Because no way in hell is Fandango doing that.

Reminds me of the early access Man of Steel walmart tickets. All those unsold tickets at Walmart that ended up being given away to employees, and WB still pocketed the money. 

Edited by Mojoguy

3 hours ago, lorddemaxus said:

I liked this, I think? I'd even say the first hour and last 15 minutes of this is terrific. Everything else sucked. Was hoping more of the movie would be like the scene with the babies (didn't expect this to be inspired by the Heroic Trio), which was the movie at its most inspired and funniest.

Muschetti is great when he sticks to making fun roller coaster rides. Same reason I really liked It 2

Yeah I honestly think if they cut the multiverse shit and just made it focused on the Barry's, the mom dilemma and more looney tunes esque flash setpieces...movie could've worked. Starts quite strong, I agree.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, TheDude391 said:

Yeah I honestly think if they cut the multiverse shit and just made it focused on the Barry's, the mom dilemma and more looney tunes esque flash setpieces...movie could've worked. Starts quite strong, I agree.

Yeah, multiverse stuff held it back. Only thing I'd keep from it is the final gag (which I knew was coming but still got me)

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Saul Goodman said:

I'm a Batman Returns stan but the way they handled Keaton's comeback and character in this felt laughably bad. Man deserved better!

In a better, parallel universe, WB decided against copying Marvel's shared universe strategy, and instead decided to concentrate on telling individual stories - and we just got done celebrating the huge success of Batman Beyond, starring Michael Keaton.

• Like 1

If this had been released in early 2022, it would've done so much better... Black Adam & Shazam 2 really killed people interest in the DCEU. Even if James Gunn Suicide Squad was a BO flop, it was greatly received by the audience and people were ready to give the DCEU a second (actually third or fourth) chance, but they wasted all the momentum with horrible subsequent films.

I sure hope Rick Famuyiwa’s script leaks some day. A Flash movie that actually has Flash villains in it, and touches on the subject of police brutality and the failure of the justice system could’ve been great. 

Edited by WittyUsername
  • Like 3
  • Astonished 1

4 hours ago, WittyUsername said:

I sure hope Rick Famuyiwa’s script leaks some day. A Flash movie that actually has Flash villains in it, and touches on the subject of police brutality and the failure of the justice system could’ve been great. 

Yeah there's no solid evidence that was ever the actual plot of the movie. That came from a 4chan post.

Edited by SpiderByte

23 minutes ago, SpiderByte said:

Yeah there's no solid evidence that was ever the actual plot of the movie. That came from a 4chan post.

Pretty sure it wasn’t just 4chan that talked about that, but regardless, I don’t see how it’s far fetched. That seems pretty onbrand for Famuyiwa, and it’s been stated that WB rejected his version for having too much of an “edge” to it. 

56 minutes ago, WittyUsername said:

Pretty sure it wasn’t just 4chan that talked about that, but regardless, I don’t see how it’s far fetched. That seems pretty onbrand for Famuyiwa, and it’s been stated that WB rejected his version for having too much of an “edge” to it. 

The only credible info is from the cast sheets, which indicate that his version had Iris (Clemons came from his draft iirc), Cyborg, and some version of Captain Cold and Eobard Thawne. It may have been loosely based on the TV series since Thawne was supposed to be in a wheelchair.

Edited by SpiderByte

34 minutes ago, SpiderByte said:

The only credible info is from the cast sheets, which indicate that his version had Iris (Clemons came from his draft iirc), Cyborg, and some version of Captain Cold and Eobard Thawne. It may have been loosely based on the TV series since Thawne was supposed to be in a wheelchair.

He was the one who cast Kiersey Clemons as Iris, yes. In any case, that doesn’t exactly debunk the notion that the film would’ve tackled the topics I mentioned, and back when Famuyiwa dropped out, it was reported that his script had an edge to it that wasn’t inline with what WB wanted.