AndyLL

So Long, and Thanks for All the Fish

After 6 or so years I've decided to step down from my Admin role on the forums.  

In 2020 I have found it hard to be on the forums enough to do a proper job of moderating and after much deliberation I decided it would be better if I stepped down.

I'd like to personally and publicly thank @Shawn for the opportunities he has provided me.   As someone who was not an active forum poster and pretty quiet in general it was a honor to be asked to join the staff.

@Water Bottle you have always been supportive, especially when it came to my Derby requests and @Plain Old Tele - I modeled my moderation style after you.  The  forums lost a great resource when you stepped down from the staff.

I won't attempt to mention all the members and staff that I've enjoyed interacting with over the years.  It's been great.  I just hope that some of the old-timers will return to posting more often.

I do want to mention that the one thing I learned about moderating here is how important different views are in a social setting such as the BOT forums.   I hope the forums continue to contain a diverse and tolerant attitude towards both movies and life in general. 

I'll still be around as much as I can so this is not goodbye and the Derby will continue to operate with @ChipDerby's help.

• Like 44
  • Thanks 9
  • Sad 2

13 minutes ago, AndyLL said:

After 6 or so years I've decided to step down from my Admin role on the forums.  

In 2020 I have found it hard to be on the forums enough to do a proper job of moderating and after much deliberation I decided it would be better if I stepped down.

I'd like to personally and publicly thank @Shawn for the opportunities he has provided me.   As someone who was not an active forum poster and pretty quiet in general it was a honor to be asked to join the staff.

@Water Bottle you have always been supportive, especially when it came to my Derby requests and @Plain Old Tele - I modeled my moderation style after you.  The  forums lost a great resource when you stepped down from the staff.

I won't attempt to mention all the members and staff that I've enjoyed interacting with over the years.  It's been great.  I just hope that some of the old-timers will return to posting more often.

I do want to mention that the one thing I learned about moderating here is how important different views are in a social setting such as the BOT forums.   I hope the forums continue to contain a diverse and tolerant attitude towards both movies and life in general. 

I'll still be around as much as I can so this is not goodbye and the Derby will continue to operate with @ChipDerby's help.

You’ve brought so much to the forums (behind the scenes and otherwise). Thank you for everything. 

• Like 1

• Founder / Operator

Thank you for everything you've done for this community, @AndyLL. Working with you over the years has been a lot of fun (and often educational). You helped us realize the goal of bringing back our version of the Derby after many years, a project I have fond memories of as we worked throughout 2015 to make it happen in time for the big release of Star Wars: The Force Awakens. The Derby simply wouldn't exist here without you and your very generous time and effort.

Please do stay in touch, my friend, and best of luck in your next ventures!

• Like 7

Thank You very much for your work, especially also for outside the Derby, as that was not really mentioned yet.

I’ll miss your on the point posts.

I hope you’ll still find the time, and / or energy / gusto to visit from time to time!

• Like 1