Eric S'ennui

The Book of Boba Fett | December 29, 2021 | Temuera Morrison and Ming-Na Wen star

1 hour ago, Cap said:

Live footage of me watching the episode:

I have it on good authority that every time you complain about the lack of Kenobi, Lucasfilm pushes back the trailer another week.

Wasn't supposed to tell you, but... Well, wanted to do a solid for you  👍

• Thanks 1

Much needed episode to move things forward

Spoiler

Glad the flashback story is mostly done now. It was necessary to help us understand why Boba Fett is now the man he is compared to being a bounty hunter. I just think the story could have been paced a bit better especially since the upcoming war with the Pykes is far more interesting to me.

Still though glad the main conflict of the show can begin along with the help of Mando I assume 

• Like 2

24 minutes ago, Porthos said:

I have it on good authority that every time you complain about the lack of Kenobi, Lucasfilm pushes back the trailer another week.

Wasn't supposed to tell you, but... Well, wanted to do a solid for you  👍

what else am I supposed to do? Couldn’t see the episode cause it was Solo lighting. 👀👀

• Sad 1

3 minutes ago, Cap said:

what else am I supposed to do? Couldn’t see the episode cause it was Solo lighting. 👀👀

Huh.  Didn't even really notice any issues with the cinematography on my end.  But then again, it has to be really bad for me to really notice sometimes (and I know this is something of a hobby horse for you).

Speaking of Hobby Horses, this is one reason why physical media is still a superior format.  Less compression on streams, leading to crisper pictures. ;)

(hey, you bring up one of your old saws, I'm required to do the same :lol:)

• Like 2

45 minutes ago, Porthos said:

Hide contents

You keep hoping that'll happen, but you just KNOW that next week will have flashbacks with how Boba tracked down Mando.

Something something, search your feelings.

Spoiler

b06c8dbaed6302ee888345b3675a3df5.gif

Sigh. You’re most likely right. I thought it was weird how the flashbacks cut to Boba taking the throne, but of course the time between the flashbacks was armor/Mando related…

• Like 2

Just now, Inceptionzq said:
  Hide contents

b06c8dbaed6302ee888345b3675a3df5.gif

Sigh. You’re most likely right. I thought it was weird how the flashbacks cut to Boba taking the throne, but of course the time between the flashbacks was armor/Mando related…

Welllllll....

Spoiler

They did say his healing was done, so ***IF*** the "dreams" were a result of the bacta healing/part of that framing device, you might be in the clear.

But, gotta tell ya, How Fett Tracked Down Mando is just being set up there on a tee. 

Gotta get Timothy Olyphant in the series somehow:ph34r:

===

I mean, it'd finally make sense from a thematic standpoint within an episode to have a bookend of sorts with Fett meeting up with Mando for the first time and then dealing with him in "the present".  One of the weaker aspects of these flashbacks is how well the "A" story and "B" story connect within a particular episode.  So one would think that this would be a good opportunity to use that framing device to advance parts of the story.

Then again, it would be... ironic to leave the flashbacks just as the story was being set up where they'd make a fair amount of literary sense. :ph34r: 

tenor.png

Spoiler

There is gonna be DISCOURSE about this episode, let me tell you

(namely, I suspect, about how this episode had practically ZERO Fett/Fennec content in it and the contrast between it and the rest of the episodes)

Oh yeah, and Din Djarin's headspace.  That too.

====

Not that the other episodes have been that bad, but the contrast...

Gonna be DISCOURSE around it, I bet

Edited by Porthos
  • Like 1

Spoiler

The Mandalorian Season 2.5 premiere was great!

For real, the episode was great. In the scope of the show, I’m a bit disappointed that the episode was 99% Mando focused(just a tiny bit though). Got 2 episodes to wrap it up, well maybe not completely if there really is a season 2.

In the scope of the Mando-verse, I’m guessing this is only the beginning of crossovers across the shows.

• Like 1

I will Start the discourse @Porthos

Spoiler

Lmfao at the fact the quality improves 100000Xx once mando showed up  

this is all so frustrating to me since we’re almost done and we have accomplished nothing. The whole thing is basically a metaphor for Star Wars at Disney. 

Cause on one hand we are still not furthering the plot or being its own entity,

BUT OMG ALL THE ANAKIN REFERENCES 😭😭😭😭😭

and that Fact this feels like a deep cut Wookipedia entry is not really enough to sustain itself  

Just because I said there would be Discourse around this episode, @Cap, doesn't mean I'm going to be joining in on it. 😘

====

Speaking of Deep Cuts:

Spoiler

Do I detect the oh so subtle hand of Dave Filoni here? :ph34r:

EDITED TO ADD:

In fact, that whole training sequence is practically a mirror image of the one in this episode.  

Something something poetry rhyming something something

Edited by Porthos
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Okay, I lied a bit, @Cap

Spoiler

Actually, I am pretty sure how this episode and the first four were/are supposed to tie together and where it's all headed.  Unfortunately, it's tied to some informed speculation/alleged leaks out there (which I don't know that much about but have heard in passing and may or may not be true), so I really can't comment on it until next week at the earliest, or very probably the season/series finale.

But as I put the pieces together in my head, I think I see what Favreau, Filoni, and Rodriguez were attempting with the first four episodes as well as how Fett's journey contrasts with Mando's.  Just don't think they stuck the landing in the execution on Fett's side.  

Gonna continue to reserve judgement but ironically enough starting to think this series would have been better served to be a six parter than the seven it is, and concentrate the first four episodes into something like two or two and a half.

It's not that there was that much padding in the first four episodes.  But if it was concentrated I think it would have flowed better. Being on such a slow burn really did it no favors, I think.  

There is in fact a very good story there about Boba's transformation from being a loner who had trouble caring about other people to wanting to belong to something bigger.  Just don't think it was told as crisply as it could have been and that's ultimately where some of the dissatisfaction over this show is coming from.

(still thinking that the flashbacks just did not work, or were more trouble than they were worth - and while showing Boba Fett's Time Among the Tuskens was vital, it should have been told linearly and not jumping back and forth)

I realize this isn't exactly what you were commenting in in your spoiler box, Cap.  But it's related to it, I think.  

Plus I did say "I lied a bit" :lol:

• Like 2