Box Office Hit

Bones & All | MGM | November 18, 2022 (limited), November 23 (wide) | Timothée Chalamet

5 minutes ago, eddyxx said:

I saw this on Friday night. It was ok. By the end I kept thinking that the lead girl was a budget Zendaya.

Funnily enough, Zendaya is the lead in Luca's next movie (the tennis-set romcom Challengers with Mike Faist and Josh O'Connor coming out this summer).

31 minutes ago, eddyxx said:

I saw this on Friday night. It was ok. By the end I kept thinking that the lead girl was a budget Zendaya.

I actually really liked Taylor Russell in this. Don't think I recognized her from anything I've seen, but I hope she does more, because she really delivered great stuff in her role.

And just like that, the mighty Flopethee Flopamet proves that he isn't the next big superstar who will save hollywood, despite twitter's obession over him.

He has a built in fanbase of females aged 15-34, but it's a rather small one that doesn't translate into big box office revenues. 

This is yet another flop in a long list:

- Beautiful boy

- A rainy day in New York

- The King

- The French dispatch (he wasn't the main lead there, but arguably the face of the promotional tour).

• Astonished 1

25 minutes ago, ThePrinceIsOnFire said:

And just like that, the mighty Flopethee Flopamet proves that he isn't the next big superstar who will save hollywood, despite twitter's obession over him.

He has a built in fanbase of females aged 15-34, but it's a rather small one that doesn't translate into big box office revenues. 

Finally we can all sleep peacefully at night now that this is settled.

• Haha 1

30 minutes ago, ThePrinceIsOnFire said:

This is yet another flop in a long list:

- Beautiful boy

- A rainy day in New York

- The King

- The French dispatch (he wasn't the main lead there, but arguably the face of the promotional tour).

Okay.

28 minutes ago, Eric Clade said:

Okay.

29 minutes ago, Jake Gittes said:

Finally we can all sleep peacefully at night now that this is settled.

Well it had to be said since we're costantly pointing out the flops of Margot Robbie, J.Law etc... 

The "Movie stars" thing died with Scarlett Johansson, who is the youngest active actor who has managed to make a smash hit out of an original- non IP (books, movie, video games) - non franchise movie, Lucy. 

Edited by ThePrinceIsOnFire
  • Like 1

On 11/27/2022 at 4:54 PM, ThePrinceIsOnFire said:

Well it had to be said since we're costantly pointing out the flops of Margot Robbie, J.Law etc... 

The "Movie stars" thing died with Scarlett Johansson, who is the youngest active actor who has managed to make a smash hit out of an original- non IP (books, movie, video games) - non franchise movie, Lucy. 

I think this has been common knowledge for awhile now. Concept sells movies now. The rest is secondary.

• Like 1