cax16

Blue Beetle | August 18, 2023 | WB/DC | Director - Angel Manuel Soto | First DC Universe Character!

1 hour ago, JustWatching said:

Well, the tweet was “favorite” not “best,” which aren’t necessarily the same thing. My favorite DC flick is Aquaman, which is not topping anyone’s best list.

Anyhow good to hear some positive stuff about this movie. Sounds like something I will enjoy.

It might not be my favorite but I have a very soft spot for the Aquaman movie, nice to see others having it too. It’s just a fun adventure movie.

But yeah, good point on the difference between favorite and best. Let’s hope this one can be the favorite of some fans, if for nothing else than for being relatable to them for some reason or another.

Edited by Arlborn
  • Like 2

Studios are so reliant on IP they can't even rest these franchises like they should following major failure. Remember the 8 year break following B&R? That's what DC needs. Instead the proper relaunch is happening a mere two years after Black Adam, Shazam 2 and the Flash. 

4 hours ago, poweranimals said:

So I guess this means that this movie is still part of the old universe.

Blue Beetle Will Feature References to Henry Cavill's Man of Steel (movieweb.com)

This is kinda hard to explain but a quote in the article says "that we made out of honor and respect for the work and art of Zack Snyder" so maybe the film just has nods/homages to Man of Steel but isn't directly referencing the events in the movie? I honestly hope it takes place in the DCEU. Just admitting it takes place in the DCEU would be better and more straightforward than "it's the first DCU character but not the first DCU movie."

Edited by HummingLemon
addition to comment

10 hours ago, poweranimals said:

So I guess this means that this movie is still part of the old universe.

Blue Beetle Will Feature References to Henry Cavill's Man of Steel (movieweb.com)

Nobody has been fooled for one second that this is anything other than a DCEU movie. Gotta wonder if they'll leave that asinine 'Batman is a fascist' gag in there, as reference to Batfleck.

Edited by FunkMiller
  • Like 1

Just watched the trailer to this during TMNT and HOLY HELL does it look assy. It looks like one of those superhero movies from the early 00s when everyone self consciously tried to do MCU clones. Can't see any trace of "Snyder" or anything else distinctive in it.

"My superpower is my family"? Go fuck off back to Encanto.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2
  • ...wtf 2

1 hour ago, MightyDargon said:

Just watched the trailer to this during TMNT and HOLY HELL does it look assy. It looks like one of those superhero movies from the early 00s when everyone self consciously tried to do MCU clones. Can't see any trace of "Snyder" or anything else distinctive in it.

"My superpower is my family"? Go fuck off back to Encanto.

This is pretty racist my dude

• ...wtf 2