cax16

Blue Beetle | August 18, 2023 | WB/DC | Director - Angel Manuel Soto | First DC Universe Character!

On 3/18/2022 at 3:50 PM, lorddemaxus said:

That would be the fun bit of the club. But I'm not too sure about WB's ability to exploit the "representation" aspect in the marketing as much as a studio like Disney's.

They did a pretty decent job for Crazy Rich Asians, much better than I expected of them

hk_g1500-10-50_crazyrichasians.jpg?quali

If they have marketing make this out to be even half as big a deal as Black Panther, I feel like Wonder Woman DOM is on the table. Internationally, it could be a record breaker in Latin markets.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, El Gato said:

Same here! I’m still curious about who else they’ll cast. Blue Beetle starts filming next Thursday 

Super excited to see set photos etc, I feel like this movie has a chance to breakout if done well. 

4 hours ago, El Gato said:

What happened to Sharon Stone? Im

not complaining though, Susan is a great addition 

Sharon Stone happened to Sharon Stone.  She's her own worst enemy, sometimes.  Guaranteed it was personality conflicts...and yes, probably demanding more than she's currently worth.  

2 minutes ago, Macleod said:

Sharon Stone happened to Sharon Stone.  She's her own worst enemy, sometimes.  Guaranteed it was personality conflicts...and yes, probably demanding more than she's currently worth.  

Oh well I guess. Sarandon is a better actress in my view so I’m not complaining 

2 hours ago, cax16 said:

Super excited to see set photos etc, I feel like this movie has a chance to breakout if done well. 

Me too! I want to see the suit in action! This all feels surreal to me! I’ve been wanting a BB movie since forever ago

• Like 1

On 4/14/2022 at 4:59 PM, Macleod said:

She even teased that she was in talks to play an MCU character, in front of Sebastian Stan on James Corden, and then nothing came of that either...

8 minutes ago, Spidey Freak said:

She even teased that she was in talks to play an MCU character, in front of Sebastian Stan on James Corden, and then nothing came of that either...

IIRC, she was going to be in Ant Man 2, it was pretty much a done deal as well before it fell apart.

On 3/21/2022 at 9:25 AM, Spidey Freak said:

They did a pretty decent job for Crazy Rich Asians, much better than I expected of them

hk_g1500-10-50_crazyrichasians.jpg?quali

If they have marketing make this out to be even half as big a deal as Black Panther, I feel like Wonder Woman DOM is on the table. Internationally, it could be a record breaker in Latin markets.

Do people realize that watching a latino on America does not do much for LATAM as representation? it's not the same situation as something like Coco or Encanto and I cannot wait for the cringy spanglish.

This feel like the same arguments that people were using with In the Heights, having latinos does not mean latinos will be running for it.

Edited by Fox20

4 hours ago, Fox20 said:

Do people realize that watching a latino on America does not do much for LATAM as representation? it's not the same situation as something like Coco or Encanto and I cannot wait for the cringy spanglish.

This feel like the same arguments that people were using with In the Heights, having latinos does not mean latinos will be running for it.

The difference between this and ITH, WSS is that first of all this a superhero film, second it’ll focus on Mexican/Mexican Americans (proven to be a recipe for success) and features a popular Brazilian actress (Bruna). Think it’ll break out in the Latin American markets that matter (Mexico and Brazil), and Latinos in the USA will definitely show up for it. Might skew younger though as Xolo and Blue Beetle are more known with Gen Z and younger Millennials. 

Either way the film just needs a good action packed trailer to interest people plus character development. Jaime has a very relatable and amazing story in the comics plus his powers are visually appealing so I feel WB will have a breakout hit here!