BiffMan

Weekend actuals (THG $58,551,063 -61.6%)

You can ask Noctis this too...when he first told me the 24 mill number for Friday and a projected 75 mill for the weekend, I told him I didn't believe the 24 mill number. There was no precedent for a film on its second friday to jump 200%. Look at it now. lol....it's still a massive success way more than I ever thought it would do for its total, but it is not going to behave any differently than any other loonie driven film. It will drop 50% this weekend as well. Look for it to do about 29 mill.

I remember i remember...And i agree...but you´re still way of on Spiderman ;)

SORRYBAUMERANDFAKE.

FOR FUCKS SAKE.

:angry:

Apology accepted. :)

And BTW you were spot on for WOTT (both DOM and OS) so you surely made up for the THG misfire this weekend (which wasn't too big anyway, in light of some 70M+ predicts).

There was something about wrestling yesterday, so.

Clearly there's a big cross-over audience between THG and WWE. :DReally, though, what we're seeing is a truly spectacular OW, driven by an excellent marketing campaign and a big built-in fanbase (much larger than many realized), followed by a rather typical performance for such a huge opener. I take nothing away from its opener, because it really was historic and impressive, but at the end of the day this is basically acting like a typical HP or Twilight movie: huge, huge OW followed by rather significant drops.

That's as big a drop as Twilight had...It's still a hugely impressive run, but considering it doesn't have summer weekdays, it best pick up the pace or its multiplier will be ugly.

Yes, it's multiplier will be ugly. If it had such a big drop on the weekend, the weekday drops will be bad as well and weekdays in general will be lower because it's not summer. Hunger is now guaranteed to have an ugly multiplier and poor legs. We can group this franchise in together with Twilight, both franchises with huge fanbases, frontloaded openings and terrible legs. To a lesser extent we can also compare it with the Potter films. The difference is, the Potter films had much higher popularity overseas and the Potter films tended to have good overseas legs.Despite the awesome OW, Hunger won't be remembered historically for achieving anything amazing, other than a very frontloaded, overachieving OW.

Exactly. And the big drop isn't as big as it could have been, either.

This drop is bigger than what most people here on the forums predicted. It could have been bigger yes, but it is already bigger than most expected.

You can ask Noctis this too...when he first told me the 24 mill number for Friday and a projected 75 mill for the weekend, I told him I didn't believe the 24 mill number. There was no precedent for a film on its second friday to jump 200%. Look at it now. lol....it's still a massive success way more than I ever thought it would do for its total, but it is not going to behave any differently than any other loonie driven film. It will drop 50% this weekend as well. Look for it to do about 29 mill.

Indeed, nothing extraordinary here. It is doing more than what many of us thought, but it is definitely a typical "loonie" film. Next weekend the drop should be around there, if not more.This is definitely not a cultural phenomenon that some Hunger loonies claim it to be. Edited by ACCA

Apology accepted. :)And BTW you were spot on for WOTT (both DOM and OS) so you surely made up for the THG misfire this weekend (which wasn't too big anyway, in light of some 70M+ predicts).

This is true, I was happy to see Wrath come in almost exactly where I called it on OD. But I gave it a little too much credit for the IM.

I only $17m from the second weekend record, so close.

LOLDamn like button disappeared again.I'm mad the drop was sooooo... mediocre? But on the other hand I'm kind of relieved that I'm not holding my breath for good legs or anticipating the daily numbers anymore. So now I can just be thrilled with the OW and take the rest as gravy. Still would love to see it pass DH2 but that's probably not happening unless it really recovers next weekend.

Ugh, I hate the way the word "loonie" is used on this board. It comes off as so condescending and degrading to me. Whether it's meant that way or not. It's insulting.

It's all in good fun Coz.All the Nolanloonies on this board know and recognize they are loons, same with Potter-loons, Avenger-loons, etc. We can accept the Hunger-loon brand as a term of endearment :)

That's another thing I hate. The fact that this film is headed to somewhere around $350m, give or take several million, is amazing. Yet, I come on here and a few people, even a couple of the big fans, make me feel like it's one giant failure by the way you're acting and talking about it.At the end of the day, a first film in a franchise that not that many people knew about a year ago will have made $500m-$600m WW on a $78m budget + $45 marketing. So everyone, fan or non-fan, talking about drops, good or bad, legs, good or bad, how "loony-fied" this may be, can kiss my ever-loving behind. :lol: