BiffMan

Weekend actuals (THG $58,551,063 -61.6%)

Hobbit has actually got nothing for it except for the LOTR legacy, which it will find too difficult to keep up with.The best comparisons it has got are Shrek -> Puss and X-Men -> Wolverine and these two were among the most important characters in the original series. Bilbo is like a guest character in LOTR.A significant drop in opening as well as admissions is inevitable.

A drop in opening? So you think it'll open less than ROTK unadjusted (for the 3-day)?

Hobbit has actually got nothing for it except for the LOTR legacy, which it will find too difficult to keep up with.The best comparisons it has got are Shrek -> Puss and X-Men -> Wolverine and these two were among the most important characters in the original series. Bilbo is like a guest character in LOTR.A significant drop in opening as well as admissions is inevitable.

LMAO, those movies are RIDICULOUS comparisons to The Hobbit. :lol: :lol: :lol: I won't even acknowledge them with an argument. There's 0% chance the movie opens to less than $90m, and $120m+ is very likely.

The Hobbit book was just as popular as LOTR. I know a lot of people want to believe the Hobbit is some small, obscure spin off but it is not. No matter how much you want to believe it

Wolverine as a superhero was not any less popular than X-Men.And The Hobbit as a book isn't all that popular now. It will have it work from a moderate opening, based on the quality alone... like FOTR had to.Not to mention the fact that The Hobbit is half a story with the goal of recovering some dumb treasure, nowhere near as exciting and enticing as the one ring and destroying it against the dark forces of Mordor. Edited by Fake

A drop in opening? So you think it'll open less than ROTK unadjusted (for the 3-day)?

I said admissions. Thanks to 3D, it will open in the 90-100M range and then will get a 3.8-4x multiplier.

I had a feeling it was being overestimated just to have it at 250M, but not by that much. (Of course its no Scream 3 OW ;))It was a good movie, though to me it felt like a stand alone film.

Fake is done dealing with THG-loons.Next target is LOTR-loons. :lol:

I am a LOTR-loon myself (have seen thw whole trilogy about 7-8 times by now) but that doesn't mean I have to start making ridiculous predictions for The Hobbit.And reading through The Hobbit has been a painful experience for me. At the start I was predicting 420M+ and then I began reading the book, and I was like.... WTF!! Is this the same guy who created LOTR?

I am a LOTR-loon myself (have seen thw whole trilogy about 7-8 times by now) but that doesn't mean I have to start making ridiculous predictions for The Hobbit.And reading through The Hobbit has been a painful experience for me. At the start I was predicting 420M+ and then I began reading the book, and I was like.... WTF!! Is this the same guy who created LOTR?

most predictions are really that ridiculous. Even 400M domestic would be a drop in admissions by a decent amount

You said "A significant drop in opening as well as admissions is inevitable."

I was writing something else... but since I am so sleepy now I skipped a few words. :PWhat I meant to write was "A significant drop in opening as well as final gross in terms of admissions is inevitable."

most predictions are really that ridiculous. Even 400M domestic would be a drop in admissions by a decent amount

400M is possible if the movie is very good.... but 500M and 130M+ opening (yeah... some people are predicting that)? Just no.

FML Lionsgate why are you so shit at putting out weekend estimates?!First it dropped $2.5m last weekend, now it drops over $3m?!C'mon!

Next weekend they are gonna estimate it at 30M... and then it is going to drop 4M. :D :D