cax16

Captain America: Brave New World | February 14, 2025 | Harrison Ford is General Thaddeus "Thunderbolt" Ross

2 hours ago, BadOlCatSylvester said:

That's what I'm thinking as well. I have a feeling it'll likely premiere with Moana 2 in particular.

A Cap 4 trailer premiering with Moana 2? No way. That's too late. I would think we'd maybe get a 2nd trailer by then, given that would be just a couple weeks past the 3 month mark from release.

22 minutes ago, SpiderByte said:

Lmao Nexus is now claiming the trailer is "delayed" and not coming today.

I don't think it was ever launching today, or anytime soon. The reshoots just wrapped. Why did people think they'd start marketing it 7 months out, without waiting until the new footage gets integrated into the existing movie? Again, they wouldn't have released the Agatha trailer earlier in the week in that case.

I'll still stick by my expectation of getting our first look with Moana 2 in November. The movie should be fully finished by then, and it's Disney's second biggest release for the remainder of the year. I really don't see them getting one out in time for Deadpool. It's way too soon, and the reshoota wrapped too recently.

57 minutes ago, BadOlCatSylvester said:

I don't think it was ever launching today, or anytime soon. The reshoots just wrapped. Why did people think they'd start marketing it 7 months out, without waiting until the new footage gets integrated into the existing movie? Again, they wouldn't have released the Agatha trailer earlier in the week in that case.

I'll still stick by my expectation of getting our first look with Moana 2 in November. The movie should be fully finished by then, and it's Disney's second biggest release for the remainder of the year. I really don't see them getting one out in time for Deadpool. It's way too soon, and the reshoota wrapped too recently.

They are not waiting to Moana 2. That's only 2 and a half months to release and it's not a good fit anyway. Venom 3 which yes is a Sony movie is the latest I would expect a first trailer on Oct 25. 

1 hour ago, BadOlCatSylvester said:

without waiting until the new footage gets integrated into the existing movie

I don't know why you think they just don't have enough footage from the rest of the movie for two hours. They don't need to wait till picture lock for a trailer to be made.

1 hour ago, Belakor said:

The smell of a turkey is getting more and more obvious.

Yeah because they did not drop a trailer today 7 months before the movie comes out. Sure we will go with that.

Edited by emoviefan
  • Like 1

9 hours ago, emoviefan said:

They are not waiting to Moana 2. That's only 2 and a half months to release and it's not a good fit anyway. Venom 3 which yes is a Sony movie is the latest I would expect a first trailer on Oct 25. 

Thor 4 only had a measly 3 month-long campaign, and still managed to pull a $144M opening. Granted, that was back when the Marvel brand was still a selling point, but still, 3 months is still plenty of time. Saving it for Moana 2 will also help since the election will have come and gone by then, and considering how politically charged this movie might be, it may be in their best interest to hold off until after that to start marketing. They're also prioritizing Deadpool 3 and Agatha right now.

6 hours ago, Belakor said:

The smell of a turkey is getting more and more obvious.

Or they're simply waiting for a better time, and to see a rough cut of the new version of the movie featuring the new scenes shot earlier in the summer, to get a better idea of what setpieces to use to sell the movie in its new form.

11 hours ago, emoviefan said:

Its not even a matter of that but why would they attach a superhero trailer to a kids movie when they have Mufasa and likely Elio or Snow White to promote. We will probably get it around Comic Con imho, maybe stealth attached to Deadpool because aside from Alien what else can Disney attach?

19 minutes ago, YM! said:

Its not even a matter of that but why would they attach a superhero trailer to a kids movie when they have Mufasa and likely Elio or Snow White to promote. We will probably get it around Comic Con imho, maybe stealth attached to Deadpool because aside from Alien what else can Disney attach?

If they can get something attached to Deadpool on time, then maybe it'll be a Multiverse of Madness-style preview exclusively in theaters at the very end of Deadpool, followed by an online release after Comic-Con.

I really don't see why you think it's not possible for them to have enough footage for a two minute trailer. They had more than two minutes at Cinemacon.

Edit: case in point

Edited by SpiderByte