Eric Duncan

93rd Academy Awards Discussion Thread | Nomadland, Hopkins, McDormand, Zhao, Youn, Kaluuya win

Just now, grim22 said:

I didn't even know they were presenting the award till the envelope was opened. It was a bit confusing, I thought it was a monologue about "Movies and the people who make them" which went on too long at first

I thought I was the only one confused here. When she was talking about Shaka King and Aaron Sorkin so nonchalantly, it just seemed like a monologue.

Just now, WittyUsername said:

I thought for sure Nomadland would win Best Adapted Screenplay. Maybe this year’s Oscars won’t be as predictable as I thought?

it's not exactly a screenplay movie so the father winning makes sense. best director & picture are going for Nomadland for sure though 

2 minutes ago, WittyUsername said:

I thought for sure Nomadland would win Best Adapted Screenplay. Maybe this year’s Oscars won’t be as predictable as I thought?

It's likely taking home Picture and Director at least so a loss in Screenplay doesn't mean much yet. Actress is possible too given how open that category is.

1 minute ago, lorddemaxus said:

I still believe The Father isn't a real film and the Florian Zeller dude probably doesn't even exist (pretty sure that was just a hologram that was shown on the tv). 

Watch it! It's powerful stuff. Easily my second favorite of all the Picture nominees.

• Like 1