Eric Prime

The Exorcist: Believer | Universal/Blumhouse/Peacock | October 13, 2023 | RIP William Friedkin

5 hours ago, Fanboy said:

The Exorcist really just does not work as a film series. The two exorcists we're introduced to both die in the first movie, and the prequels they have tried to make have been far less interesting. It's a complete story that tells the best possible story about exorcism it can. They'd be better off just remaking the first film or turning it into a tv series rather than trying to turn it into a franchise with a new story. I've read the book and it's even better than the movie IMO, so it could be very good if they adapt it faithfully. 

There was a TV series, which apparently was a sequel to the original film, but only lasted for 2 seasons on Fox between 2016 and 2017.

9 hours ago, Fanboy said:

The Exorcist really just does not work as a film series. The two exorcists we're introduced to both die in the first movie, and the prequels they have tried to make have been far less interesting. It's a complete story that tells the best possible story about exorcism it can. They'd be better off just remaking the first film or turning it into a tv series rather than trying to turn it into a franchise with a new story. I've read the book and it's even better than the movie IMO, so it could be very good if they adapt it faithfully. 

People forget the film was based on a extremly sucessful novel.

11 minutes ago, Day and Date The Best said:

This movie is not comming to Peacock it has exclusive theartical window stop the Misinfo. 

That's not misinfo and at no point did I suggest the movie didn't have an exclusive theatrical window (though as also reported, the sequels "could debut on Peacock"). Peacock did collaborate with Universal to buy the distribution rights, that much was reported over 2 years ago by now.

https://www.nytimes.com/2021/07/26/business/exorcist-new-trilogy.html

https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/movies/movie-news/leslie-odom-jr-ellen-burstyn-the-exorcist-sequel-1234988378/

1 hour ago, Lucas said:

That's not misinfo and at no point did I suggest the movie didn't have an exclusive theatrical window (though as also reported, the sequels "could debut on Peacock"). Peacock did collaborate with Universal to buy the distribution rights, that much was reported over 2 years ago by now.

https://www.nytimes.com/2021/07/26/business/exorcist-new-trilogy.html

https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/movies/movie-news/leslie-odom-jr-ellen-burstyn-the-exorcist-sequel-1234988378/

Not split in three though, because it was for the rights to the whole franchise, posted on the previous thread. 

Anyway, it’s getting the Halloween Horror Nights treatment:

39 minutes ago, Krissykins said:

Not split in three though, because it was for the rights to the whole franchise, posted on the previous thread.

Yes, I know. I was saying where I assume CJohn got the $133 million number from.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Brainbug said:

RIP to a cinema legend.

Freidkin rep pretty much rests on two films: 'The French Connection" and 'The Exorcists". After those two, he has a couple of modest sucesses, and a number of major bombs. He never really regained that status he had in the mid 70's.

Oddly eneough, his last film..a made for cable version of 'The Caine Mutiny Court Martial" with Kiefer Sutherland as Queeg.... is scheduled for release in the near future.

10 hours ago, Lucas said:

"Body and the Blood" I doubt that is an actual slogan for the film, why offend a potential audience?

I don't want to go  into thelogy, but let us just that say the slogan would be offensive to a lot of Catholics.

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, dudalb said:

"Body and the Blood" I doubt that is an actual slogan for the film, why offend a potential audience?

I don't want to go  into thelogy, but let us just that say the slogan would be offensive to a lot of Catholics.

I mean, when the original film has a scene with a young girl masturbating with a crucifix, I don’t think they’re going to be too bothered about mildly offending the most pearl-clutchy Catholics with something as relatively innocuous as a tweet or a tagline referencing “the body and the blood”…this isn’t going to upset anybody who might be interested in this film, Catholic or otherwise.

3 hours ago, dudalb said:

Dude...it's The Exorcist. What are you even talking about lmao

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 4