Eric Furiosa

The Exorcist: Believer | Universal/Blumhouse/Peacock | October 13, 2023 | RIP William Friedkin

I think an Exorcist legacy sequel is destined to fail, let alone a trilogy. There's just not enough there. And while I am an Ends enjoyer...DGG is a horrifically bad horror director. 2018, Kills and Ends never have an ounce of tension or scares to them and doing a slasher is MUCH easier than an Exorcist type horror film.

23 minutes ago, WittyUsername said:

The idea that this is meant to be the first of a new trilogy always seemed like a really flimsy idea. How exactly is that supposed to work? Is the third movie supposed to bring back Regan or something? 

If you really want to know...

Spoiler

This whole movie is the demon drawing Regan out of hiding

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, ViewerAnon said:

Hide contents

The chuckle I just let out. Obviously I haven't seen the movie yet but I can't imagine myself not wanting to see this whole trilogy just to find out what they're smoking. Being a fan of the Halloween trilogy I'm very curious what in the world they think they're up to here.

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, ViewerAnon said:

Hide contents

Spoiler

Out of hiding...d-does this mean Exorcist II is canon with her setting off at the end with Richard Burton to be a spiritual healer or whatever? 

23 minutes ago, Krissykins said:

If they somehow make enough money to do a second and third, David Gordon Green needs to go. 

I think David Gordon Green wants to go.

1 hour ago, TheDude391 said:
  Hide contents

Out of hiding...d-does this mean Exorcist II is canon with her setting off at the end with Richard Burton to be a spiritual healer or whatever? 

Tagging this to be safe but it's not an ending spoiler:

Spoiler

Chris wrote a book about the events of the first film which pissed Regan off and now they're estranged. Chris doesn't know where Regan is.

• Thanks 1
  • ...wtf 1

36 minutes ago, ViewerAnon said:

I think David Gordon Green wants to go.

Tagging this to be safe but it's not an ending spoiler:

Reveal hidden contents

Can’t read any of them til I see it, just in case. 

Unlike seemingly everyone else in the world, I'm fine with DGG continuing with these weird experiments making unnecessary late horror sequels because so far they seem to generate a lot of fun and funny discussions. They've definitely been interesting for good or bad. and if Believer has some of those occasionally really inspired or occasionally really weird decisions like Kills and Ends, I'm alright with having it around lol.

• Like 4

This was predictable from the moment it was announced, and cemented by what must be one of the worst trailers ever edited. 

Also Halloween 2018 awesome though they really should have brought back Josh Hartnett's character somehow. 

Should just let DGG remake Christine, he tried doing that with Ends. Instead they gave him the keys to this Exorcist reboot/legacy sequel thing. The check must have been to big to say no. This is going to end up being a disaster. 

4 minutes ago, filmlover said:

The fact the studio spent $400M for the rights alone and this was apparently the best they could do. Something tells me they're gonna regret that investment sooner than later.

Not just rights, $400m also includes the budgets for the movies.

51 minutes ago, excel1 said:

This was predictable from the moment it was announced, and cemented by what must be one of the worst trailers ever edited. 

Also Halloween 2018 awesome though they really should have brought back Josh Hartnett's character somehow. 

Watching Penny Dreadful rn, and between that and Oppenheimer and Black Mirror I gotta apologize - Hartnett's a legit good actor and better than a bulk of the superhero boys that get churned out every week lol. I'd rather he keep doing what he's doing though with character actor bits, he kind of excels there now that he's aged into it

• Like 5