MrPink

Oppenheimer | 2024 Academy Award Winner for Best Picture and Best Director

The thing about Bond is that there is no way that Eon would let Nolan have full creative control plus he's simply too expensive for them. 

I would point that Bond isn't Universal, they were the OS distributor of NTTD but the franchise is solely in the hands of MGM and EON. 

• Like 2

17 minutes ago, redfirebird2008 said:

You would think not. James Bond is the far more likely one of the two, but I don't want him wasting several years of his career on any franchise movies at this point. We have pretty much seen a Nolan style James Bond across many movies from 2006 to now.

We also saw Nolan using Bond stuff with his Batman movies and Inception. It doesn't feel necessary at all for him to work in the Bond franchise at this point. But he's a big fan, so we can't rule it out. 

I’m not sure if franchise filmmaking in general is really where his interest lies. The main reason he decided to do Batman was so he could gain some experience working on big studio films before making Inception. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, redfirebird2008 said:

Some versatility would not be a bad thing. You can even do a very dark comedy. Kubrick's Dr. Strangelove is both funny and scary as hell at the same time, dealing with the same very dark nuclear subject we are about to see in Nolan's latest movie. 

A full on comedy is unlikely but something with humour like Catch Me If You Can or The Terminal would be good or an epic adventure with comic undertones. I'm not sure Nolan could do it, he's quite a serious director.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, WittyUsername said:

I’m not sure if franchise filmmaking in general is really where his interest lies. The main reason he decided to do Batman was so he could gain some experience working on big studio films before making Inception. 

Yes, I hope he sticks with his non-franchise approach. He's one of the very few directors who have enough influence in Hollywood to get large budgets without some kind of franchise character/story attached to the budget. Might as well take advantage of the ability to get the green light on these type of projects. He has already given up 6-7 prime years of his career to make 3 franchise movies. 

10 minutes ago, redfirebird2008 said:

Yes, I hope he sticks with his non-franchise approach. He's one of the very few directors who have enough influence in Hollywood to get large budgets without some kind of franchise character/story attached to the budget. Might as well take advantage of the ability to get the green light on these type of projects. He has already given up 6-7 prime years of his career to make 3 franchise movies. 

I want a different take on bond. His bond would be similar to Craig.   But when the next next bond is reboot in 20+ years than I would like Nolan to do a bond movie when he is 75

There's a few divisive reactions in the mix like David Ehrlich, but pound for pound these are the most euphoric social media reactions I've seen for a major film in 2023 yet. I'm expecting maybe mid-80s MC and high 80s RT, but a very high average rating.

Edited by Dragoncaine
  • Like 4

6 minutes ago, Dragoncaine said:

There's a few divisive reactions in the mix like David Ehrlich, but pound for pound these are the most euphoric social media reactions I've seen for a major film in 2023 yet. I'm expecting maybe mid-80s MC and high 80s RT, but a very high average rating.

Killers of the Flower Moon has an 89 on Metacritic. It's a 3 and a half hour long movie though, which probably doesn't matter as much at Cannes, so I could see it losing a few points.

3 minutes ago, LonePirate said:

David Ehrlich is trying to obtain an invitation to Armand White's next dinner party it would seem.

Too wishy washy. Needs to be bolder

He simply ranked Nolans films - putting Oppenehimer in the middle but before TDK and then deleted his tweet.   He needed to put it after Tenet - dead last - and pin that sucker.

• Like 2