MrPink

Oppenheimer | 2024 Academy Award Winner for Best Picture and Best Director

21 minutes ago, Dragoncaine said:

I could see the people who were confused by Dunkirk's structure also being confused by this, based on what I'm hearing. As someone who thinks Dunkirk is Nolan's best since Inception, this excites me.

I had no problem with Dunkirk's structure and it was a beautiful looking movie - but found it dramatically and emotionally inert with 2D (if that) characters.  Oppenheimer promises to deliver far better in the areas I found lacking in Dunkirk. (I hope)

• Thanks 1

23 minutes ago, TigerPaw said:

Some people get what I am trying to say; if you don't you can PM me.

Or, you know, you could offer an insight without resorting to meaningless comparisons just because those movies are part of Nolan's filmography especially when your own perspective on those movies could be completely different to anyone else's. It's closer to apples than baseball. Similar to rain, not shoelaces.

Just now, Hatebox said:

Interesting, variety weren’t hot on barbie either.

Did they review them by summarizing the plot, spoilers and all, with one line of actual review? That's the Variety standard when not trying to carry water for studios against the unions.

• Like 3