MrPink

Oppenheimer | 2024 Academy Award Winner for Best Picture and Best Director

15 minutes ago, Hatebox said:

Just saw an article on quite a big entertainment website entitled “does Oppenheimer have a post credit scene” and fuck you marvel.  

Have to admit, I have been trained to wonder that everytime during a movie post credit.

16 minutes ago, Hatebox said:

Just saw an article on quite a big entertainment website entitled “does Oppenheimer have a post credit scene” and fuck you marvel.  

Ya, it shows Godzilla growing from the radiation.

Jesus Christ. Though I don't blame Marvel. Audiences have let themselves be trained into this behaviour.

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, reddevil19 said:

Ya, it shows Godzilla growing from the radiation.

Jesus Christ. Though I don't blame Marvel. Audiences have let themselves be trained into this behaviour.

the Protagonist shows up and finally gets his hot sauce

I'm reading all of these posts on other sites about the 70mm IMAX projector overheating in multiple locations (including the one I've booked my ticket for!!!!). I hope it's fixed by then. I feel bad for the folks who waited hours yesterday only to be refunded, or told to watch it in another format.

• Sad 1

Just now, ThePhasmid said:

I'm reading all of these posts on other sites about the 70mm IMAX projector overheating in multiple locations (including the one I've booked my ticket for!!!!). I hope it's fixed by then. I feel bad for the folks who waited hours yesterday only to be refunded, or told to watch it in another format.

Some of these folks traveled long distance for it. Old equipment. Horrible luck for them. Best wishes to you!

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, redfirebird2008 said:

Some of these folks traveled long distance for it. Old equipment. Horrible luck for them. Best wishes to you!

A combo of old equipment and projectionists who aren't very familiar with it.  When was the last time they were dragged out?  2017 for Dunkirk?

• Like 1

1 minute ago, TalismanRing said:

A combo of old equipment and projectionists who aren't very familiar with it.  When was the last time they were dragged out?  2017 for Dunkirk?

Allegedly IMAX hired some pretty experienced projectionists to deal with this release. Only 30 screens worldwide in the format, so that approach does seem possible. 

6 minutes ago, excel1 said:

MANY casuals are saying this boring af

Yep I’ve heard this too. When reviews started coming out it was repeatedly said that this is not for casual moviegoers…so I’m surprised scores are as high as they currently are, but they will come down I guess.

2 minutes ago, Redolent said:

Yep I’ve heard this too. When reviews started coming out it was repeatedly said that this is not for casual moviegoers…so I’m surprised scores are as high as they currently are, but they will come down I guess.

yall are going by what exactly? Random tweets? Its scoring big across the board on literally every site you go to that has that option.

Sure it can go down but its high enough where its not going to change that much

Edited by DK000

7 minutes ago, DK000 said:

yall are going by what exactly? Random tweets? Its scoring big across the board on literally every site you go to that has that option.

Sure it can go down but its high enough where its not going to change that much

I guess so - tweets from disappointed people that are popular, anecdotes on Reddit etc. But maybe they are really the minority 🤷🏼‍♀️

7 minutes ago, Redolent said:

I guess so - tweets from disappointed people that are popular, anecdotes on Reddit etc. But maybe they are really the minority 🤷🏼‍♀️

What popular twitter accounts? Just curious

29 minutes ago, DK000 said:

8-CF04402-05-B0-467-D-8-D0-D-270-F78-C10

good to see verified users are stepping up to their badge

I read a post saying San Antonio had similar issues. Apparently, most of the crowd in Irvine were respectful to staff, but there were a few loud and disgruntled attendees. The catch here is that the greater LA area has several theaters supporting this format. All within a 30 minute to hour drive apart depending on traffic. It's not the end of the world.

Edited by ThePhasmid

I couldn't hear a LOT of the dialogue. Honestly pretty much any time there was score playing and characters talking at the same time the dialogue was basically inaudible. I watched it in that Dolby Atmos theater at AMC

Idk

4 minutes ago, MOVIEGUY said:

I couldn't hear a LOT of the dialogue. Honestly pretty much any time there was score playing and characters talking at the same time the dialogue was basically inaudible. I watched it in that Dolby Atmos theater at AMC

Idk

Annoying if so. The whole audible dialogue issue doesn’t bother me as much as some but for a 3 hour movie of people talking that seems like a major problem.

Edited by Hatebox

10 minutes ago, DK000 said:

What popular twitter accounts? Just curious

You can run it through translate (it’s a long rant), but eg this tweet from an Egyptian movie blogger that got traction, saying how Oppenheimer was wrongly marketed as an thriller and was disappointing on different levels, majority of the scenes just talking in rooms, didn’t really require IMAX etc. 

Edited by Redolent

1 minute ago, Redolent said:

You can run it through translate (it’s a long rant), but eg this tweet from a very popular Egyptian movie blogger, saying how Oppenheimer was wrongly marketed as an thriller and was disappointing on different levels, majority of the scenes just talking in rooms, didn’t really require IMAX etc. 

He has 4k followers lol. Come on, thats not popular at all.

anyways yeah not taking a few random tweets and some reddit posts that serious when overall seems to be getting significant praise. Especially compared to tenet and dunkirk