MrPink

Oppenheimer | 2024 Academy Award Winner for Best Picture and Best Director

It really is impressive just how much of a star Nolan is. A high concept collaboration with Leo would deliver insane numbers.

I very much doubt he would do it, nor would I want it to happen (given I'd rather he do new stuff), but an Inception 2 I reckon does a billion+ OS alone.

Edited by reddevil19
  • Like 5

19 minutes ago, reddevil19 said:

It really is impressive just how much of a star Nolan is. A high concept collaboration with Leo would deliver insane numbers.

I very much doubt he would do it, nor would I want it to happen (given I'd rather he do new stuff), but an Inception 2 I reckon does a billion+ OS alone.

I think the only actor in the Oppenheimer roster who has more star power than Nolan is RDJ. It's pretty impressive.

1 hour ago, reddevil19 said:

Interstellar 2 would be a easy billy.  

• Haha 1

54 minutes ago, excel1 said:

meh no way, see his recent string of flops. 

Tbf, RDJ is also hardly a draw outside Iron Man. That's the thing - he's a major star, very recognizable, and he'll help a major ensemble production. But if I have him, Damon and Nolan, I know who's gonna actually get people in seats, and it ain't any of the actors...

• Like 1

1 hour ago, WittyUsername said:

Matt Damon? 

Just speaking in terms of star power in China. Matt Damon's worldwide recognition was at its height around 2000-2010ish? I don't think he was ever even as huge as Cruise in China. RDJ on the otherhand, is basically recognized everywhere because of Marvel. Not speaking in terms of box office draw but just in general the star power to attract crowds.

There is no doubt Nolan earned his paycheck for this movie. He has done more marketing than all other movies combined :-) and he had to do it all by himself once SAG strike started. I hope the strike is resolved soon as not every director can pull off marketing by themselves. There are only few directors who can do that. Off the movies in next 2 months, I can think off Martin Scorsese who is very good with this though it would be great to see Leo out after hopeful resolution. But Not convinced if DV can pull it off for Dune 2. 

• Like 3