MrPink

Oppenheimer | 2024 Academy Award Winner for Best Picture and Best Director

7 minutes ago, Mojoguy said:

Digital and dvd/blu are being released on the same day. Weird they never did an early digital release like all new movies these days, usually digital comes out a month before the physical media release.

I guess Nolan banned it. Physical media first unless Universal want him to go back to WB. (That's why Comcast has to buy WB)

Regal Mall of Georgia is brining back Oppenheimer in IMAX for next weekend!
The listing doesn't say if it's 70mm IMAX though. So the aspect ratio might be different than what was at the same location in the summer because this is a single laser theater.

• Like 2

17 hours ago, cannastop said:

Regal Mall of Georgia is brining back Oppenheimer in IMAX for next weekend!
The listing doesn't say if it's 70mm IMAX though. So the aspect ratio might be different than what was at the same location in the summer because this is a single laser theater.

Still a damn good experience. Good for the folks in that area to get another chance at seeing it. 

22 hours ago, keysersoze123 said:

I would love to see it again in Metreon. to me it was the greatest movie going experience watching in almost 100x80 screen on 70mm Imax watching this brilliant made and acted epic. 

3 hours ago, Issac Newton said:

Good luck! You can!

I looked at both Lincoln Sq and Metreon and its not that big a deal. Its basically getting 2 shows per day for 6 days. Next Thursday Marvels take over the screens. From BO perspective it may not make much difference. But folks who have not caught it in glorious 100ft of 70mm goodness can hopefully walk up and buy tickets this weekend. 

Edit: Quickly browsing couple of cities, its getting a show or 2 at many other Imax(laser/digital) as well. Still may not matter that much. 

Edited by keysersoze123

2 minutes ago, keysersoze123 said:

I looked at both Lincoln Sq and Metreon and its not that big a deal. Its basically getting 2 shows per day for 6 days. Next Thursday Marvels take over the screens. From BO perspective it may not make much difference. But folks who have not caught it in glorious 100ft of 70mm goodness can hopefully walk up and buy tickets this weekend. 

yeah it's not even selling out really. If this was like July it would have long been sold out in these locations

• Like 1

1 hour ago, keysersoze123 said:

Edit: Quickly browsing couple of cities, its getting a show or 2 at many other Imax(laser/digital) as well. Still may not matter that much. 

It will probably just help Oppenheimer pass Deadpool 2 domestic.

• Like 1

it did increase yesterday. Yuge 980% increase to 120K. Imax tickets did sell for sure. Not enough to make a run for 1B. But 950m+ will happen with re-releases in Imax. 

But if it wins major awards and gets full Imax/PLF release for couple of weeks WW, it might have a slim chance. 

Edited by keysersoze123
  • Like 2