Eric is Anxious

⊃∪∩⪽ Part II | March 1, 2024 | Reactions drop February 15, reviews February 21 | Zendaya for our next C-3P0

2 hours ago, IchwanBigBrother said:

It probably won't move the needle much, but this review is a notable and somewhat uncommon example of a critic being very won over. 

https://slate.com/culture/2024/02/dune-part-2-zendaya-timothee-chalamet-movie-review.html

The Spectacular New Dune Will Turn Even Skeptics Into Believers

Part Two stops teasing the size of its sandworm and shows us the full monty.

Ahh, that phallic stuff. Hehe

I see your phallic jokes and raise it to whatever the fuck this is from MC rated critic at Film Threat:

"I admire the story of Dune, though I’m sure these Dune lovers will hate my no-nuance take on the story.  I mentioned it’s dense with politics, religion, and war. That said, Dune is a hard sell. The ten-year-old me, who fell instantly in love with Star Wars in 1977, probably wouldn’t like Dune: Parts 1 or 2. The casual audience will like the incredible imagery of Villeneuve and the A-List cast supporting it. It just didn’t make me want to become a fan of Frank Herbert’s novels in the end. Yet, I will grab an AMC Shai-Hulud popcorn bucket and “butter” the hell out of its contents."

https://filmthreat.com/reviews/dune-part-two/2/

• Haha 1

Wow this Is really a great movie. Every scene feels important and you really feel the characters. Villenueve got everything right, he understood what you need in a dune movie in 2024 for being relevant and important for a modern audience. 

It's sci fi but kinda feels like you are watching an historical war movie.

My only complaint maybe is some action sequence feeling too much (but i can understand you have to sell the movie) so doesn't get a perfect score but It's a solid 9/10.

• Like 6

Just came back from it.

This was one of my best cinema experiences of the last 7 years or so. Full auditorium of respectfull people, Dolby Atmos and best of all, the movie itself.

This is incredible. 2 1/2 Hours of pure awe. I dont want to write anything more, just go see it. Now.

• Like 8
  • Astonished 2

6 minutes ago, Brainbug said:

Just came back from it.

This was one of my best cinema experiences of the last 7 years or so. Full auditorium of respectfull people, Dolby Atmos and best of all, the movie itself.

This is incredible. 2 1/2 Hours of pure awe. I dont want to write anything more, just go see it. Now.

Lucky you. I had some jackass whisper and laugh with his buddy through the whole thing. Then, when the movie ends, he turns to me and a bunch of other strangers, and loudly shouts, "So what did you all think, gang?" Like...fuck off bro. I was trying to enjoy the cut to credits and you ruined it. I hate being around people, swear to God.

• Sad 3
  • ...wtf 3

37 minutes ago, nguyenkhoi282 said:

The Boston Globe negative reviews when counted will sink MC probably down to 78 or so. Already down to 7.8 on RT Top Critics 😬

Sure, I'm just saying the difference between 75 and 85 on MC really doesn't mean that much, even if one is "universally acclaimed". It'll probably end up high 70s.