Eric is Quiet

⊃∪∩⪽ Part II | March 1, 2024 | Reactions drop February 15, reviews February 21 | Zendaya for our next C-3P0

Big fan of the movie but can't say i loved the score to be honest. While it was successful in creating an otherwordly musical soundscape, it just lacked that majestic theme, you know, which gives you goosebumps when you hear it and is an integral part of any good epic.

In that sense, i hope Villeneuve is correct and the score in Part 2 is superior.

Never watched the TV adaptation of Children of Dune but the score is pretty ace...

Edited by Elessar

27 minutes ago, Elessar said:

Big fan of the movie but can't say i loved the score to be honest. While it was successful in creating an otherwordly musical soundscape, it just lacked that majestic theme, you know, which gives you goosebumps when you hear it and is an integral part of any good epic.

In that sense, i hope Villeneuve is correct and the score in Part 2 is superior.

Never watched the TV adaptation of Children of Dune but the score is pretty ace...

It’s definitely more “mood music” than an outright theme, but when Hans plays House Atreides and Paul’s Dream at his live shows it 100% gives you goosebumps and is instantly recognisable. The Oscar for Part 1 was well deserved in my opinion.

Edited by SnokesLegs
  • Like 2

3 hours ago, Last Man Standing said:

Dune score didn't have a single remarkable theme, just background noise, and Villeneuve usually doesn't like music, he likes sounds, I don't trust his taste in this department. But third trailer of part 2 had good music, I hope it's in the the movie and not made for a trailer. Zimmer should've won for many other films, definitely not for this, it was just career Oscar.

Edited by TomThomas
  • Like 2

42 minutes ago, TomThomas said:

Dune score didn't have a single remarkable theme, just background noise, and Villeneuve usually doesn't like music, he likes sounds, I don't trust his taste in this department. But third trailer of part 2 had good music, I hope it's in the the movie and not made for a trailer. Zimmer should've won for many other films, definitely not for this, it was just career Oscar.

That music is actually just a slightly more up tempo/epic sounding version of a track from the score from Part 1.

3 hours ago, TomThomas said:

Someone who picks On the Nature of Daylight for one of his films can't have bad taste 😛

Edited by JustLurking

Even if this does not break out big with the casuals it should do 150 m DOM pretty easily which would make it only the 4th movie since Barbenheimer to do that.  Era's, BOSS,and Wonka being the other 3. That's crazy to think about. 

I really love WB's confiedence. They are showing a piece of something that most studios would keep a secret. Looks phenomenal. That lighting is fabulous. Another Cinematography win coming.

Nolan/Vilelneuve bromance is life giving. 

• Like 3