LPLC

Spiderman : No Way Home - Box office thread

11 hours ago, charlie Jatinder said:

Did Sony gave in breakup for Friday international? $922M would mean $27M FRI which is sort of impossible, so they are just gonna make it over $1B as they projected.

I thought it would be at a bil by Thursday or  Friday. Pandemic still effects the launches. But it's still going at a great pace for to hve a shot at 2 billion ww mark so far.

2 minutes ago, LPLC said:

I expected better. Not a good DOM and INT drop. 

JW is moving away day by day unless China joins the run.

wtf are you talking about the os drop is very good less than 50% (last weekend was 230 mill os) and as for dom this drop was expected as @charlie Jatinder said so again , its fine.

Edited by john2000

10 minutes ago, john2000 said:

wtf are you talking about the os drop is very good less than 50% (last weekend was 230 mill os) and as for dom this drop was expected as @charlie Jatinder said so again , its fine.

Ok I'm starting again so you don't get angry. Not a GREAT hold.

New markets + Holidays I expected better but that's okay don't worry.

Last week I expected $117M WE, then $98M a few days ago and it drops to 81M, that's life.

Last week I wanted $510M DOM + $630M INT, and AT LEAST something above $1.1B and a few days ago I reduced that to $1.08B. I still haven't had this despite having downgraded my predictions (and yet I'm not necessarily optimistic, ask @GoblinXXR). I didn't have them, that's okay.

EDIT : And this sentence "JW is moving away day by day unless China joins the run." is true. ask @charlie Jatinder. I guess he thinks the same.

Edited by LPLC
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, john2000 said:

@charlie Jatinder thats a better os hold than expected ? final total 1 bill os ?

Truth be told I have so much information in advance I usually end up getting numbers as expected so on expected lines for me. Individual markets can be up & down that's another's matter.

• Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, LPLC said:

Ok I'm starting again so you don't get angry. Not a GREAT hold.

New markets + Holidays I expected better but that's okay don't worry.

Last week I expected $117M WE, then $98M a few days ago and it drops to 81M, that's life.

Last week I wanted $510M DOM + $630M INT, and AT LEAST something above $1.1B and a few days ago I reduced that to $1.08B. I still haven't had this despite having downgraded my predictions (and yet I'm not necessarily optimistic, ask @GoblinXXR). I didn't have them, that's okay.

In what world could spidey have a way better os drop mate ? it just could 24-25 many movie theaters are close in europe , to expect 630 os on this calendar is unrealistic by its sec weekend

Edited by john2000
  • Like 1

NWH is about 3-4% behind my estimate from last weekend for the end of this week. It's looking like $1.6B is still going to be good (barring any more restrictions/lockdowns) but TLK/JW is getting a bit harder with each week. Not impossible, mind you; but we need better holds in January than I'm currently estimating. 

Edited by GoblinXXR

1 minute ago, GoblinXXR said:

NWH is about 3-4% behind my estimate from last weekend for the end of this week. It's looking like $1.6B is still going to be good (barring any more restrictions/lockdowns) but TLK/JW is getting a bit harder with each week. Not impossible, mind you; but we need better holds in January than I'm currently estimated. 

if my memory serves, dom was behind your os predict was around 590 i think by sec weekend

ps we also have japan , idk how it will perform there though

Edited by john2000

1 minute ago, peludo said:

I am not following very closely this, but I am a bit confused: wasn't the OW OS of about $340m? A $121m 2nd weekend means a 64% drop, not under 50%. Anyway, understandable since Friday has been a deflated day in many countries.

um 340 was the 5 day though, the real weekend was 230 mill (fri-sun) and the 120 or so that it made is also the 3 day 

Edited by john2000